Need a abs ring and a abs sensor, anybody know how much this will cost me

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I found out today from my local maxi. I needed a new abs ring which has came loose. And a abs sensor.

The problem I was having was my brakes felt like I had a warped rotor, which was not the case. I get a vibration when slowing down, like the feeling you get when the abs kicks on in the rain or something.

I have a halacious noise coming from the right rear and my abs light is on. My traction control will also not come on anymore, which that part really doesn't bother me.

So anybody know how much I'm looking at for parts and labor on the bas ring and abs sensor.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

The sensor will run your upwards of $85 and the ring is around $20. Labor on the other hand...

Now... if this is on your 2003, why is it not covered by the warranty?

I have a right rear sensor that'll fit a '98 GT. If you can verify that it'll fit your car, i.e. same P/N, I can sell it to you for $25. I had to replace my left rear due to a tire chain incident, and I had to buy a pair of used sensors for $50.

BTW, the sensor is easy to replace, aside from having to stick your hand partway up into the body to reach the connector. Any fool can do it, it's just bolted to the caliper bracket with a single bolt. The exciter ring you may need to pull the axle for; I dunno for sure, though, since I didn't have to do it.