Need A Better Cam For Supercharged 306

StangYellow

Founding Member
Sep 11, 2002
I have a 90lx, 306, Vortech SQ trim, ported gt-40 heads, 1.6 rockers, etc.... It has a Ford B cam, and I am looking to get out of this grind and get a "better" cam for this engine. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

2nd for Ed Curtis. Give him your setup and he will custom grind a cam for you that performs better than any off the shelf bumpstick. Don't cheap out on this as you always have enough money to do it right the 2nd time. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Ed did my turbo cam. I had some issues with it during the install (needed an 8* advance), but as 'strange' as he can be sometimes, he is an A+ when it comes to customer service. He answered all my e-mails and helped me get everything squared away.

Me personally, i'd leave it alone until you are ready to buy some better heads.
Right now you are going to do a whole lot of work, for little gain.

Me personally, i'd leave it alone until you are ready to buy some better heads.
Right now you are going to do a whole lot of work, for little gain.

I have to agree with this, while I am all for a custom cam the $600+ it will cost you in cam, lifters, possible pushrods and gaskets just wont give the return on the investment.

Those heads are ported. You're not talking an improvement of something close to 100cfm here guys. It will be minuscule difference between gt40's ported right and out of the box 165's. Seriously....

Get the custom cam, it will still net you more than an off the shelf. You won't be displeased. Not to mention you can transfer springs, rockers to a new set should you want them.... It always bothers me when people deviate from the original question. It isn't titled "what would you do with my money and combo" although that's how every Internet hero interprets it... :rolleyes: