Need a little help on Exhaust ?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i just got my 93 GT it has an Off road pipe and flomaster 40 series mufflers...I think thats what the guy said i bought it from...The really have a weird sound to them maybe there just old and breaking apart...Ok i did my air silencer removal and K&N today that was an easy mod...lol...I want to buy an BBK H-pipe with high flow cats...will that make the exhaust sound queiter?...I like it loud but here in NJ you need cats they do road sides sometimes i dont need the car taken away form me...Also i know the BBK is 2.5 and the mufflers i think are but my tailpipes are only 2-1/4 there stock still so say i get the BBK H-pipe with cats...and leave the mufflers on will it still be loud OR should i do the BBK and buy a new american thunder series cat back with the New super 44's will tha make it louder then it is now??Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

i would go with an h pipe with high flow cats. probably replace the mufflers too because if you are getting a weird sound then it probably has to do with mufflers or tailpipes rusting

i would go with an h pipe with high flow cats. probably replace the mufflers too because if you are getting a weird sound then it probably has to do with mufflers or tailpipes rusting

Thanks i was thinking of going with BBK h-pipe catted with there high flow cats, and the American Thunder cat back kit with the super 44 series mufflers...How do you think will sound i want it LOUD...lol...do you think it will sound good?

Every state you need cats....I would go with the bbk high flow catted h-pipe..get a new flowmaster catback....or whatever mufflers you want

Yeah i have 40 series flows not with an Off road H-pipe and stock tailpipes...I wonder if i go to a BBK catted H-pipe the new American Thunder cat back which is 2.5 and the new super 44's if it will be louder then waht i have now....I like loud...lol i would like it to sound like it does nowmaybe a little deeper ...I was told the super 44's are louder the the orignal 40's wonder if thats true?