need a little help

jhr302

Feb 11, 2007
i kinda lost track of where a wire goes in the engine bay , if you could please let me know where it goes id be greatful

Attachments

• 0408091548.jpg
    0408091548.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

That looks like the EEC ground. If so, it attaches to wherever you attached the battery ground to the body. It's imperative that it stays with the battery ground, or you'll very likely experience many headaches related to the EEC (if that's in fact what it is).

The picture shows the common ground point for the battery, extra 3G
alternator ground wire and computer power ground.
A screwdriver points to the bolt that is the common ground point.
The battery common ground is a 10 gauge pigtail with the computer ground
attached to it.

Picture courtesy timewarped1972
ground.jpg

The computer has its own dedicated power ground that
comes off the ground pigtail on the battery ground wire. Due to
it's proximity to the battery, it may become corroded by acid
fumes from the battery. It is a black cylinder about 2 1/2" long
by 1" diameter with a black/lt green wire. You'll find it up next to
the starter solenoid where the wire goes into the wiring harness.
It bolts to the body at the same ground point shown in the picture above

ok

i have one ground on the fenderwall with the duel wires , this one is differanr it comes apart , if you squeeze the round thing it comes apart , , this is an 89 wireing harness , just to give you more info , the pony is an 88 gt , converted to mass air ,

ok

i have one ground on the fenderwall with the duel wires , this one is differanr it comes apart , if you squeeze the round thing it comes apart , , this is an 89 wireing harness , just to give you more info , the pony is an 88 gt , converted to mass air ,

The round thing is the quick disconnect for the computer ground.

Ground that wire to the place pointed to by the screwdriver in the picture in my previous post.

The 88 and 89 wiring harness used the same connector and wiring for the computer ground.

thanks for the help , wasnt sure if you ment that one or the other two wire connectionor what ever you want to call that , i have that one grounded to , let me know if that one is wrong lol ,