Need A Little Help

Ronnie Stanley

Jul 16, 2016
New to mustang problems and troubleshooting. I have a 95 gt 5 speed and get a random vibration when I engage the clutch, I don't really feel a power loss and I recently had another set of wheels installed. I've tried to read posts on what the problem could be and I need a little more insight on the problem. It doesn't vibrate all the time. It has started when it's cold and at random times taking off from a stop. Thanks for any advice .

• Sponsors (?)

Well it could be a number of things, but I'd lean towards a problem with the clutch. When was it last replaced, and how was the installation performed? Any oil seeping at the rear of the engine? It's not unusual for a clutch to be a little more grabby when it's cold (this also depends on what kind of clutch you're running - with a 'Stage 2' whatever a little vibration could be pretty normal), which can give you a shudder when you take off, but it could also be worn, damaged, or oil fouled by a leaking main seal, or the flywheel could be uneven or heat-damaged. Our cars also wear out throwout bearings pretty quickly when using the stock quadrant, and pilot bearings also fail over time (you don't mention any noise).

There could also be problems with the driveshaft / u-joints, the transmission, you could be experiencing wheel-hop or problems with the rear end, have issues with your motor mounts, or just about anything else on a 20+ year old car that could go wrong.