Need a new watch (less than $600)

• Sponsors (?)

I've never been willing to blow 600 bucks on a watch, but I've thought maybe 200, and for that I'd probably go for a Citizen Ecodrive AR0014-52L. Simple, analog, not flashy, and very thin so I don't bang it on every corner I walk around :lol:.

Dave

Holy crap dude! $600 for a watch?!!? That's nucking futs, I can think of like 198209345704 things I would rather spend $600 on.

My last watch I bought was a nice Timex Reef Gear or something ocean related, and it was only $80. I love it!

The most I have ever spent on a watch is $30 on sale and they last for about 5yrs. Worth it to me. My advise is to by a $30 watch and take the rest and buy an intake or something. Just my .02

I have a fossil watch like this one
FS4078.jpg

http://www.fossil.com/shopping/prod...UCT&iMainCat=957&iSubCat=967&iProductID=26326

Wow Patrick. I might take some of the suggestions here and get a cheaper watch and toss the cash in the bank.

A Polex will run you 30 bucks on the nearest street corner. Cheap, classy, dressy and you wont cry when you scrape it along a brick wall. :rlaugh:

Patrick, do you have other hobbies right now (stuff you do while not in class, etc)?

You dont have a car right now, as I recall? You could pick up a cheap little motorcycle (if you are into bikes) to have to cruise around campus/run little errands off campus, etc. And no, I dont mean one of those toy bikes from the parts store - a used 250-600cc bike of your liking. They can get pretty cheap, esp the smaller displacement bikes.

I would think there has to be something that you could spend the money on that would be more enjoyable on a day in/day out basis.....

In any case, good luck and enjoy whatever you decide to purchase!

super302 said:
Chris, what else would you spend 600 (NON car parts)
I have 6xx in my paypal and i figured i might as well spend it!

I'm not really one to drop $600 on one single thing (unless it's a car part). But I would take part of it and buy some clothes, a DVD player for my room, a nice stereo for my room, just whatever.

Or I could drop the whole bit on tools, I love buying tools! $600 will get you a nice guitar too.

I've had a fossil watch for about 2 years. The only problem I ever had with it was pulling a pin out of it that snapped when I got in a fist fight and the kid grabbed onto it. It was one dollar to get fixed so it was no big deal. It's good quality and looks great. I think I paid 70 bucks for it.

Honestly, if I were going to spend 600 dollars on time pieces, and I was firm in spending that much, then I would buy 4 different Fossibl watches for like 65-85 bucks a pop and a Sport watch for like 30 bucks:

1 - A gold one

2 - A silver one

3 - One with a brown leather band

4 - One with a black leather band

5 - Some tough Ironman watch for workouts / swimming / camping etc

This way you are covered for every possible situation AND you are still like 200 bucks over budget. Take your pretty girl out for an outradeously expensive and fancy dinner wearing 1 of your 5 new watches!

Adam