need advice on tires about to buy a new set

slow3gt

Nov 30, 2005
nashville tn
i am about to get a new set of tires right now i have falken ze512's and they are ok so im looking at some higher end tires launch and straight line performance is by far more important to me than cornering here are my choices and prices for a set i would like to keep it fairly cheap if possible if you have or have had any of these tires please give me some advice

BF Goodrich g-force t/a kdw- $716

BF Goodrich g-force sport- $516

Bridgestone potenza re750- $676

Kumho ecsta mx- $540

Thanks for advice

• Sponsors (?)

no doubt that the answer is BF Goodrich g-force t/a kdw
Some of the best gripping street tires you will find. granted they are a little noiser than most tires but ohh well that's what a loud exhaust is for right.

definately get the KDW's if you can afford it. If not, maybe get the KDW out back with the g-force sports up front, save you a hundred or so bucks. though the g-force sports on all 4's would be pretty good as well.

I have KDW on all 4's, 295's out back and 275's up front. I have to actually try to get the rears to spin, and even in the rain it takes effort to get sideways. car handles awesome and only suspension mods are c-springs. traction owns, i can launch equavilent to my buddies wrx.

and yes, there is quite a bit more road noise, though i used that as an excuse to buy a catless x-pipe to drown it out, which the catless x-pipe is going to be the excuse to get a better head unit and speakers, to drown that out when need be.

KDW's, NO QUESTION. Best street tire i've ever had on the car. And like someone else suggested, get the KDW's out back for the grip and some g-force sports in the front. Should save some money that way.

I had the potenza re 750s and they were great. Better than the kdws's that i had befor them. If your about straight line what about the nitto's? 555s in the front and 555r's in the back. They were no worse in the rain than any other tire ive owned and they handel better than my kdws's did.