Need Advice, Possibly Buying First Fox

Gixx06

Nov 13, 2012
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I just recently looked an lx roller an snapped these pics. There is rust starting on the drivers side strut tower and the torque boxes looked mangled. This would be my first foxbody and unfortunately my friend that has one is not around to look.

Tell me what you guys think based on these photos. It was tough to get a good pic of the torque box.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I just recently looked an lx roller an snapped these pics. There is rust starting on the drivers side strut tower and the torque boxes looked mangled. This would be my first foxbody and unfortunately my friend that has one is not around to look.

Tell me what you guys think based on these photos. It was tough to get a good pic of the torque box.

Looks pretty ruff just from the little bit I see. I own a used car lot an sell a lot of mustangs.sold countless foxbodys over the last 25 years. Id make sure the doors close rite as well as the rear deck lid, if they dont thats a sure sign that the cars bin beat an the body is twisted. Also make sure floors are not rusted along with shock towers. If your really serious about one make sure all the vin identification stickers are on the panels..like under the doors, inside front fenders near the hood shocks an under the deck lid. I second the vote to keep looking..

[QUOTGixx06, post: 8853674, member: 189168"]Thanks guys, looks like I'll keep on looking. It's too bad, I thought I had a nice little project car to learn on.[/QUOTE]
Just curious what wer they asking for it..? I have 3 forsale rite now have a 91 with a little mods done to it for 3grand have a beautiful 86 with a fresh motor bored 60 over aluminum svo heads n cam ect.ect. for 5900. An a 88 with a perfect body has roll cage but it a convertible. That one is 5500. Just giving you some pricing references im not trying to sell you a car.....

Like they said keep looking. Its a roller for a reason... They twisted the body/frame, took out there motor to put in another stang, and were gonna take the first offer they got..

Ya I agree they most likely twisted the frame, and pulled the motor, it's the rust you don't see also that would worry me. Iv owned 7 fox body's to date, and love the cars. The notch backs are getting harder to find but around here the hatch backs are common, best of luck