Need an Alternative to Cometic Head Gasket

pwcracer

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2000
Hastings, MN, USA
I ordered the gasket on the 16th of may, and they just called and told me it would not be shipped until June 6th! I am not waiting that long to put my car back together. What would the next best head gasket be to the the cometic? I am only going to run about 7lbs boost. I want to order something today.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I know Fel-pro makes a gasket that is similar to the cometic. I think it is called a prematorque MLS I saw a brochure on it, and the design looks the same. It might be something to look at and see if you can get your hands on a set of those sooner.
I know how you feel with the cometics. I had to wait almost 2 months to get mine.

I just contacted FBO Systems where I ordered the Cometic Gaskets from, He was completely upset when I told them Cometic wasn't shipping them until the 6th. He called the sales manager of Cometic and raised some hell. He just called me back and said my Gaskets will be made THIS afternoon and will go out tomorrow morning! THis is awesome customer service, if anyone needs Cometic Gaskets, I urge you to use this company, http://www.4secondsflat.com/cometic.html

i ordered them from DSS racing when i got my short block built. block came in monday after 3 weeks, and the gaskets are on back order. same thing about the june 6th date at the earliest. i've been looking around at local places to see if anybody has them in stock. if not i guess 4secondsflat is getting a call tomorrow morning...