Need automatic transmission help

brian_23456

Apr 6, 2005
So a week or two ago I got this PA valvebody in. When the overdrive was on and I tried to give it a decent amount of throttle, the car would rev up like it was in neutral. But at about 4200 rpm it would catch and the car would take of.
So I called PA and told them about, and they said to send it back to them. I decided to take out that valvebody and do the j-mod.
So, now when I'm in drive and I turn on the O/D button the car just revs like its in neutral. Also, when its in drive the car isnt very responsive.
Help me out here!
:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

brian_23456 said:
:lol:
No, not this time.
No error codes either.
Ok. Thats good. Then its not a eletric problem, but a physical problem. It sounds to me like the valve body might have blockage in it somewhere and it isn't allowing the fluid to flow properly to engage gears. Thats not good either. If it were a bad fuse, I think you'de get a code tripped for that and the o/d light would flash. You need to ask Jerry about this. He can tell you more than I can. He's on the boards at Modular Depot. You can go over there, register in their forums, and ask them.

www.modulardepot.com

Yeah, I posted the same question on modulardepot after I posted here.
One guy said to adjust my MLPS, but I didnt touch it, so I dont know if that could be it.
Another guy said it was my O/D band. But I dont see how that could be it because if you read the very first post in this thread, It would eventually go into O/D with the PA valve body. And now I have my original valve body in (w/ jmod) andit wont go into O/D at all. Plus my car is slower to react and has less pull. And shifts arent good either.

It sounds to me like its a line pressure problem. As I said above, if there is debris or a fold in one of the gaskets of the valve body, that could cause this probelm. Or, if you've touched the Pressure control solenoid, that could cause this as well. You didn't adjust the line pressure with that diabalo tuner did you ?

I hope you figure this out soon. The longer it goes, the more likely you are to blow something. Trust me, I speak with experience. I did the j-mod on my car once and I got everything hooked in right. However, a gasket folded on me(believe me I checked it and it was fine before I put it in), cutt off the line pressure to certain holes of the valve body and blew the transmission.

:nonono:
That REALLY sucks!
Thankfully I have the explorer and I'm drivin that everywhere. The tires are really loud on the street! :nice:
What do you mean by touching the pressure control solenoids? Arent they on that black piece of plastic? I did touch them. Afew times! Taking them of the factory, puttin them on the PA, puttin them back on the factory... :shrug:
I think I will take it all apart and make sure everything is perfect. If not :shrug:

The two little solenoids you moved from one valve body to the next are SSA and SSB shift solenoids. They control the line pressure to certain internal clutches that allow the car to shift. If one of them is not in there tight, then that could be the problem as well. Though I think you would have gotten the o/d light flashing for that. The pressure control solenoid shouldn't be part of the valve body or that plastic piece known as the lead mold frame, though it does connect to it. I'de double check your connections of all solenoids(though they are all probably connected if you're not getting a flashing o/d light). The pressure control solenoid is actually further up past the valve body. Hopefully, you didn't touch it. Its a round black piece and if I remember correctly(its been a while since I've been in there) it should be near the rooster comb that engages the manual level control device.

Hopefully, you'll figure it out soon and your transmission won't take a dump on you. Check the transmission fluid and filter as well. If there is lots of metal grit in either the filter or the fluid, you've got something burning out somewhere.