Need clutch help

I just put a new motor in my 88 GT and got it running but am having a problem when I try to put the car in gear. When I press down on the clutch pedal and begin to put it in gear (any gear) the car moves, even though the clutch pedal is fully pushed in. I have a stock cable setup and am hoping the problem is related to this and not something internal. I made 100% percent sure the flywheel/clutch setup was installed correctly when I put it in. thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like what happened to me the clutch isn't disengaging all the way probably due to the cable being streched. if your goin to replace it i went with the maximum motorsports quadrant fwa and cable and it's like butter. just what ever you do stay away from those aluminum quadrants from bbk and all those companies. they change the radius of the quadrant for some reason which makes it harder to push and wears out the cable near the firewall. i think i got it all off of americanmuscle.com

sounds like what happened to me the clutch isn't disengaging all the way probably due to the cable being streched. if your goin to replace it i went with the maximum motorsports quadrant fwa and cable and it's like butter. just what ever you do stay away from those aluminum quadrants from bbk and all those companies. they change the radius of the quadrant for some reason which makes it harder to push and wears out the cable near the firewall. i think i got it all off of americanmuscle.com

could u explain more on this subject?