Need Experienced Stanger with Idle air control thing

• Sponsors (?)

pcinpdx said:
did you have the battery unhooked for any amount of time recently? :shrug:
Not for at least a month, just to let you know i do have a Ecam with 1.7 rockers so my lift is around 530. i did install a idle air control adjuster, but i cant get it to idle perfectly.

It does not sound e-. When all accessories are on the engine sees a higher load, which the computer counters with more air. It could be that the Idle bypass vavle is gummed up and sticking. When you say that you can't get the idle right what do you mean. Is it always high? Does it surge? Has the problem been getting worse over time, or did it come on suddenly after an oil change or something?

There is a proper procedure for adjusting the idle speed. The books outline a few steps which let the computer know that the set idle speed has changed. They do not recommend just turning the idle screw. I tried that procedure once. It did not seem to yeild better results than simply turning the screw, so I just turn the screw. If yu are having troubles though, it may be worth going through this process.
Good Luck.
Let us know what happens

Sounds like it's probably working fine to me.

The E-cam has a choppy idle, can't really take that away. WHen you turn on your accessories the idle is turned up to compensate for the extra load -- that would be when it smooths out. That's what it sounds like to me.