Need Help ! 2000 Mustang GT

polanddj1

Aug 1, 2019
Michigan
I have 2000 Mustang GT. Recently my radiator fluid was spraying out of the cap and I was trying to find the main issue as to what was causing that. It only overheats while idling. I found out that my fan was stuck and having a hard time turning so I got it unstuck and checked my 50 fuse and it was blown. I replaced the fuse and the next day the same thing happened. I went to the parts store got a new fan and fan motor and I'm still having the same problem. I had to put 3 gallons of radiator fluid in it the last time it over heated and started coming out of the cap. When it gets hot it also gets super smokey. Any help would be great!

• Sponsors (?)

By still having the "same problem" do you mean that it's still overheating, or the fan is hard to spin, or still blowing the fuse?

50 amp is a lot of power. It seems plausible to me that the large current draw could also "take out" the CCRM. Especially if this problem has been going on for awhile. The CCRM would have had to switch that greatly increased current for a long time as well.

Does the fan run with the AC on?

Has the fan been tested to confirm it actually works on both speeds IF power is directly jumped to the fan?

Does the dash cluster temperature gauge work? Is it showing "reasonable" values. IE in the middle when not over heating and in the red when it is?