need help, 98 cobra fuel pump with vortech

brian98gt

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
new jersey
i purhcased a used vortech v2 sq ho supercharger and the in-line fuel pump is not included. my installer is telling me that i need a 255lph in-tank fuel pump and the in-line unit that originally came with the kit which i believe for the 98 cobra was a 155 lph in-line fuel pump. does this seem right that i need both? i will be using 44lb accel injectors and it is the aftercooled kit. any suggestions on the fuel pumps. seems there are fewer options with the 98.

• Sponsors (?)

I went through this with my 98. You are able to modify the basket to make the pump work, thats what carl told me at Pauls high performance, but he said you have to run at least a half tank of gas if your in boost. I have the non cooled kit for my car which is not yet installed, and I'm going with the stock pump with the 155 inline. It will be on the edge, but I will have to watch my fuel presure close. If I were you I would go with the 255 intank, or retro fit an 03-04 cobra tank with the power your going to be making. I would personally never try swapping that intank pump though, good luck.

sorry, typo. my bad. I saw it a second ago and figured someone would catch it. whats the difference between the 96 & 98? just curious.

the diff is the 98 setup is a big cluster **** and is ending up costing me alot of money. the last year of the return style with the new returnless basket and such. what a headache its been. bbk actually makes a 255lph that works with the 98