Need Help Adding JL 10W7 to Mach 460 - I Have The MW Article...

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I picked up my JL Audio equipment and now the question. I am adding the following to my stock system...
500/1 JL Monoblock Sub Amp
10W7-3 Sub
DSC00196-vi.jpg

My question is, if I tap into the data cable that the MW article refers to, is it acceptable to blend the positive left and right RCA cables into one feed for the amp, and then the same for the negative? My amp has only one set of inputs, and I am not sure exactly how to deal with this challenge. I was just going to take my rca cable, cut off one end, splice into the data cable wires, and then merge the left and right sides together into one feed for the amp.

Is this an acceptable way to do it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
~Darren

Attachments

• DSC00196-vi.jpg
    DSC00196-vi.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

metra makes...

SilverStallion said:
I picked up my JL Audio equipment and now the question. I am adding the following to my stock system...
500/1 JL Monoblock Sub Amp
10W7-3 Sub
DSC00196-vi.jpg

My question is, if I tap into the data cable that the MW article refers to, is it acceptable to blend the positive left and right RCA cables into one feed for the amp, and then the same for the negative? My amp has only one set of inputs, and I am not sure exactly how to deal with this challenge. I was just going to take my rca cable, cut off one end, splice into the data cable wires, and then merge the left and right sides together into one feed for the amp.

Is this an acceptable way to do it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
~Darren

an "amp integrator plug" for MACH systems - Part number 70-5519 - don't know if this would work for you, but I'd call 'em and ask. Why cut & splice data cables if ya don't have to :) ?

Attachments

• DSC00196-vi.jpg
    DSC00196-vi.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 90
GoldnGT...
Thanks for the response. A couple more clarification questions...
The inline converter...did you take wires from both the left side and the right side into that inline converter?

How hard is it to find the data cable in our cars...the 2000GT? I assume that with the seat folded down, I should be able to remove that padding in the cabin and then the data cable will be right there correct? Is it on the bottom side isn't it?

Which side do I splice into the date cable...going in or coming out? Or, do I actually have to remove the shielding and do it inside? I plan to use the snap connectors as you did.

Finally, where would I be able to pick up one of these inline converters - any stereo shop?

Thanks again for your help...I appreciate it.
~Darren