need help bad

leserz

Jan 13, 2007
tennessee
i started to change my timing today. so far a large pain in the rear. every thing was going ok till it came time to remove the crank pulley. got the bolt off. what the heck is the secret to removing the darn thing ? i have some pullers but there are no threaded holes to use any puller i have. i tried the two large screw driver to try to pry it off at 180* from each side with out bending any thing out of shape no go. used PB blaster no help so what do i do to get it off ? tried to finesse the old belt off that did not work from around the crank pulley.

help !:mad: this is my only car. need to get to work thursday

• Sponsors (?)

Is it a double pulley for a/c? If so, pull out those other 4 bolts, and use a three jaw puller pushing against the loosened flywheel bolt.

I swapped two yesterday, one a double pulley, and the other a single pulley. Neither were difficult with the three jaw puller. I hope it works out for you...

-Carl

thank you but i did get it off. i needed to use a slide hammer to get it off i used a j type hook that there was just enough to get it off. of course i had to take the electric
fan and radiator off to have room to do it. there was some rust on the crank and pulley cleaned it us a bit it slid right back on. before i bolted every thing back on the engine i thought well lets see if it will start first. fired right up ran no more than 6 seconds tops oops i for got about the trans lines blew about 1/2 qt trans fluid all over the parking lot. i did not check the trans fluid. but it did slip some in and out of gear. o only drove it 1/2 mile guess i will need to check the trans fluid in the morning the 2.3 is a pain to work on. around the drivers side of engine no room .