need help before dream cruise please!! long!!

raginbul469

Founding Member
Oct 23, 2001
michigan
ok so heres the deal i just finished having engine bored over, balanced, forged pistons, moly rods, arp bolts, gt-40p heads(cut for 1.94,1.54 valves with .600 lift springs),1.7 rr, b303, prof prod intake, had to leave stock TB MAF and inj. for money reasons. so i put it all back together and fire her up. runs sweet the longtubes and prochamber sound is to die for. so everything is great for about 500 miles runs strong as can be not one complaint at all (i.e. stalling or computer freaking out about H/C/I) then on teh way home from woodward i get off the freeway and give it some gas and the car sounds like its trying to die (well it sounded real lean). so i graba tank of gas and go home for the night( i thought that maybe the gas that was in teh tank for about a year was what casued theproblem). the next day i go buy fuel injector cleaner fuel filter, plugs, cap , rotor( all motorcraft parts) and install it start it it runs awesomewhile in closed loop(engine under temp). soon as it get warm starts doin the same thing it misses and pops and sounds like its running out of fuel or to much air(unmetered air getting into the system) so i do some searching on stangnet and people say that problems like this can be from the iat or ect sensor so i go buy new ones and nothing better. i checked the tps voltage it is a little hi but it has no dead spots at all. so i decide that i might as well stat tearing stuff apart so i take off the intake(upper only) and replace TB gasket upper to lower gasket and service gasket on the intake. i also replace pcv valve cause i had some oil in the intake. put it back together checked all the vacuum lines and hoses and started it up idled awesome but i drove it and still had the same problem once it got warm and and now the idle hangs im starting to think that the IAB is stuck open.

well im kinda lost here and i have all this time off for the dream cruise coming up in 2 weeks and i need all teh help i can get. if anyone could reply here or by email @ [email protected] it would be greatly appreciated.
or i know this is a long strech but if there is any southeast michigan stangetter on and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
my number is 248-830-0884.

thanx in advance,
shawn curlee :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

:rolleyes:
Its sounds like the samething that happened to me. I got my car out of storage after 3 years around May this year. On the way home on the freeway, at about 75-80 she just started to fall on her face. I pulled over, got under the car, pulled the fuel filter and blew through it. :nice: Bingo.....fired right up and ran like He++...Cheap fix if you havnt try changin the filter yet??!!