need help before i throw it away lifter issue

ok so simple and to the point. noticed a tapping, brought the car home. i have been having issues

with my pushrods, but have now found out why i had these issues they say the car over heated and

weakend the tips. ok ill buy that, makes sense. so i pulled the valve covers took off the rocker arms

and pushrods are all fine. Finally. Took off intake to check lifters and found one of them has a flat

spot on it and im not talking about a little one i mean if i took the wheel off and set it on a table, its

flat enough that it would look like the wheel is in the table. what would cause this? I had valve

springs in the afr 165 heads adjusted for max power to my e cam, wondering if they screwed up and i

have to much spring pressure?

Also to be noted the engine has maybe 1500 miles on it everything inside is brand new. the rest

of the lifters aside from 2 of them are worn on the edges what causes this? Any help would be

greatly appreciated im at wits end with this car. thank you

• Sponsors (?)

when i say the side i mean the edge of the roller part kind of mushroomed. i talked to a person and he said he thinks it could be not enough spring pressure causing slap between the cam and lifter and wearing the tooling metal? i honestly have no clue where to start this freaking motor has 300 miles on it

I know its a pain but you should pull the cam and inspect it. Right now you don't really know what caused the lifter to fail but its a 50/50 bet it also damaged the cam lobe. Since you have it down and the lifters already out its not that much more work to pull the cam. You'll hate yourself if you don't check it. Good Luck!