Need Help Buying New Clutch T-56

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
Hey Guys I need help!!!!

I have to replace my Super King Cobra clutch from AFM but I don't know what to get.

Here is what I have got:
FRPP 302 w/ bolt-ons prob making around 280hp at the tires
D&D Viper Spec T56
4.10 gears
I have a new disk for AFM's light weight flywheel

Now all I need is the clutch!

I would like to spend around $400 and have something that I can beat on and drive around town with ease then drive hard down the drag strip. I've had a couple King Cobra's and never really liked them as well as a Centerforce (totally destroyed itself...) and the current Super King Cobra clutch (very hard pedal, more of an on/off switch).

The direction of the car is more of a sleeper grand tourer g-machine, not an all out race car.
(I'm too old to want to drive a race car on the street)

Thank You!

• Sponsors (?)

Just don't get a ceramic Spec stage III. What I'm saying is don't get crazy with it. I should have done a ProMotion clutch kit which had a light pedal but did the Spec stage III and hated it. Very noisy and chattered for 500 miles. You don't have a high HP application so get something that can handle 350HP and has Toyota Corolla pedal effort. Look into ProMotion though. You tell them what you want and they put together a kit.

Haha, another guy who blew up a Centerforce.

I've had them all, but I've been sticking with SPEC for a long time. I'm not sure they are the best, but the top end models are all made in America, and their customer service is second to none. I am currently running a SPEC 4+, and love it. I will admit it is a little grabby though. Despite what everyone told me, it is totally streetable, and grabs real hard when you hit it. Pedal effort is much harder than a King Cobra, but that comes with a clutch rated for 800ftlbs of torque, unless you want to drop over a grand for a dual disk that is probably going to give you problems. If you want something a little softer and smoother, get the 3+. The only difference between the 3 and the 4 is that the 3 has dampening springs, and the 4 is solid hub. Both have the same strength rating. Definately pay the money for the + model though. The full face + models engage very smoothly. I used to have a standard 3 before they offered a + model, and it was very grabby.

Kurt