NEED HELP! (cams,tuning)

Well brand new to this site and I am looking for some help. I have a set of hot rod cams that I want to get installed and tuned. I talked to one shop and they said that cam install is $600 and tuning is $400. Also I would have to buy a sct tuner for another $400. A couple questions I have are; 1) do those prices sound about right for the ny area? 2) I already own a diablosport predator tuner, does that do the same thing as a sct tuner?3) anyone in the ny/long island area know of a good shop?

Any help at all would be appreciated. I have had these cams for over a year and I really want them installed. If I knew anything at all about cars I would have tried the install myself.

I have a 07 gt automatic with no mods other than axle back exhaust.

Can anyone tell me if offroad x-pypes are legal? My goal is to have a badass lopey sound. Heard that x-pypes can get that sound I want. I would pretty much pay whatever for that sound. Again any help would be cool.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds right. I don't know any shops here on L.I. that have software to tune via Diablosport. If you want to save the money on the tuner and tuning by having the shop just install the cams and finding a tune shop that can email you a tune for the diablosport. Just make sure that shop is reputable. Also I hope you chose one of the better L.I. shops out there.