Need Help Carb Swap Fuel Pressure To High

@codybear81
@Davedacarpainter
First thing, I know dave was not directing his comments at me, well maybe a little, my only objection to carb swaps are the hacked up mess some make because they will not take the time to learn what it takes to make it work correctly, I've seen some that look like they were factory installed. And I've seen some that were a hack mess that will never be a functional vehicle.
Second thing, someone that is 36 years old surely grew up in the computer high tech age that cannot master whatever device they are using so they make sence when they post and continues to post in the same manor even after it was pointed out several times by me, politely I may add, then get defensive about the comments made does not deserve my time, not that I know anything about anything valuable or worthwhile. But I can post complete sentences and I know when someone is being an a-hole.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sure, if you were the only one chiming in, I can see that.

You weren't. Everyone thought they would tell him how foolish it is to switch to a carburetor. While I agree fuel injection can be superior, especially on a cold morning. It's not the only way though.

By your standard then that you're stating, if a guy can't type or express himself very well at a certain age, screw him, right? I have a friend that had brain surgery and he wouldn't be able to meet that standard. Somehow the surgery caused cognizant issues when it comes to expressing himself in written form, yet he still can function and knows and can show you more about Ford trucks than most.

I agree that his syntax was less than stellar. Big deal. For all I know English could be a second language, in which case he did pretty well.

I'm not trying to be the defender of the downtrodden here, but I can see how he might assume we're just a bunch of as*holes that feel we know better than the stupid carbureted people in this world.

To finish my view, maybe he just doesn't know as much as the next guy about his car. He can learn from us and maybe be a contributor one day. Who knows, maybe he is good at upholstery, or some other area that would benefit us all.

If a guy is a dick right off, I'll go after him myself. He wasn't though.

I'm with karthief, going from efi to a carb is going backwards. Good luck with your endeavor.
Just to clarify, I don't feel efi to carb is going backwards, a different direction yes. It is the end result that matters.
So you got it dialed in now with the larger return line?
Your post is sort of hard to understand, proof read your stuff and correct as necessary.
As for carb swapping, I'm not a fan of it, but it works if done correctly, jrichker spells it out in the above post, follow that formula and you will be a happy carb swap guy.
Here I asked about the return line 'fix' in an attempt to understand what he had done to rectify his problem.
I agree he got bashed a little about the carb/efi thing, but his inability to but together a complete sentance was annoying, more so after pointing it out that he was hard to understand

@Davedacarpainter I feel you man.

Maybe I was a bit over the line with my first post in this thread whi h was both an actual attempt at being helpful (seriously, who needs to spend $40+ on a heat gun? My $8 HF heat gun gets used daily and other guys in the shop borrow it over using the shop's $50 heat gun because the HF gun puts out more heat and gets hot faster... Then again, I did spend $300 on a new air ratchet this morning) and funny (which doesn't always translate well in a text-only environment, I get it, hell, I sometimes preach it, I just forget sometimes.

That whole "buy a Smart Car" line though, now that deserved some kind of response.

I know what your saying. I think by that stage he had been tweaked enough to cause him to be angry back.

He's not a kid and could have a world if other experience already that we might really respect him for.

I'm learning too, I'm not intending to be holier than thou with my comments.

I've been treated similar to that on a dodge forum I was on at one time for my truck. I left that forum behind and never went back.

I know I have some useful knowledge they could have used, but they chose to leap on me and tell me why I was so stupid. AND they were discussing paint issues! Mind you, I have an IQ of 140 and can physically cause problems for most people, yet on the internet the guy with the biggest mouth is a tough guy. :nonono:

I would rather give a guy a chance, then if he proves to be a douche bag, it's a free for all baby!

Reactions: 1 users
When I did a carb swap on my 1995 ,I used an in tank (low pressure) fuel pump for a 1988 ranger 2.3 and grounded one wire so the fuel pump would run with the key on. It ran great, gt40p heads , trick flow stage one cam,(I forgot the intake,sold the car), 670 street avenger carb. Good luck with your build.

When I did a carb swap on my 1995 ,I used an in tank (low pressure) fuel pump for a 1988 ranger 2.3 and grounded one wire so the fuel pump would run with the key on. It ran great, gt40p heads , trick flow stage one cam,(I forgot the intake,sold the car), 670 street avenger carb. Good luck with your build.
I don't know what the LPH flow specs are on the pump you used, but it sounds like a much better plan than using the stock EFI fuel pump and a bypass regulator. Good thinking, fill in the details for the rest of us.

.......... on my little 88 ranger the fuel pump went bad. Looking at the wiring diagram I saw it had two, a low pressure in tank and a high pressure on the rail. I went ahead and replaced both, looking at the low pressure in tank it looked exactly like a mustang high pressure pump.So......when it was time for my mustang carb swap. I thought I will try the ranger pump and add a pump on the firewall if needed. Installed the ranger pump and car started up great, took it down the road expected it to go lean and bog. It never did , it ran great. I wish I could to tell you the psi but I could not find my low pressure fuel gauge and the ebay carb and line I got had a gauge but it was too cloudly to read . So all I know is this worked for my car. Hope this helps.:)

@Silvertooth

If I remember correctly, the 85 Auto trans 5.0 Mustangs has a CFI fuel injection system that used a similar pump setup. When I run out of things to do, I will chase that rabbit for the sake of conversation...

@Silvertooth

If I remember correctly, the 85 Auto trans 5.0 Mustangs has a CFI fuel injection system that used a similar pump setup. When I run out of things to do, I will chase that rabbit for the sake of conversation...
Yes sir some did have that set up. Some didn't. My first 85 was setup that way. I didn't need a bypass regulator on it. The second on the other hand I had to sump the tank and add an inline pump.