Need Help Choosing A Cam.

I have a 1992 LX.
It has 57,000 on the stock bottom end.
I have Long tubes, off road h-pipe, 3:73 gears, T-5 Trans, 70 mm throttle body, performer rpm 2 intake already on it.
I just ordered AFR 165 heads, 24lb injectors and matching mass air.
What would be a good cam choice?
I was thinking about the Trick Flow stage 2, but that might be a little big.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I have the tf stage II. It's a loapy higher rpm cam. Only problem you might have is your vacuum at or close to idle.

It really isn't that great unless you intend to wind up your engine a little. The engine sounds pretty badass at idle though. Can't really say it's worth it for street driving.

Go with a custom grind. Best of all worlds designed specifically for your combination of parts. They cost slightly more than an off the shelf cam profile but are worth every penny. Check out flowtechinduction.com and fill out his form. Ed will design a great cam for you. I also recommend Bullet cams. I had one designed on their billet blanks. It was profiled by a well known designer. I have his contact info also if interested. Mine cost 403$ to my front door. If you want a catalogue profile I recommend the comp cams 270 hr as a good all around profile.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. I already e-mailed him and have not heard anything back. Thats why I wanted hid number
He's usually busy and takes a few days to get back in touch. If it's been a few days already send another email. He gets "lazy" sometimes...that's really the only draw back with him. I've got another custom guys number if you want it let me know. His name is Brian Friedentag aka "Freezy" he can get you set up also.

Ed answered my e-mail and I sent him the info that he wanted. I am waiting for his response, so I can order a cam.
My Afr 165's showed up yesterday, but they came damaged and LMR already sent me out another set. They have been great to deal with.

Reactions: 1 user
I have pretty similar combo as yours except you have better heads, mine are gt40x. I run the TFS 2 cam with crane 1.7 rockers. It's pretty lopey at idle, vacuum isn't great, but not terrible. Makes good power above 2500.

My block is a +.030" 306 with SRP slugs with plenty of clearance. Just make sure your springs can accommodate the cam, and double check your piston to valve clearance to be safe.