Need help choosing amp!

Dtowncats

Jun 2, 2003
York, PA
Well I have most of my system pieced together. I have the Alpine head unit, Infinty speakers all around, and the Infinity Kappa Perfect subwoofer. The subwoofer is a 10" and rated at 350 watts RMS and 1400 watts peak. I am stuck on which amp to get so if anyone has any input or opinions that would be a ton of help. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I would say go with a rockford or audiobahn, those are my favs. Really, anything you buy that is at least $1.00 per watt rms in 4 ohm will be good. So if you need some that puts out 350 rms in 4 ohm then you will expect to pay $350 or more for a solid amp that will sound good. HOWEVER, if you need 350 wrms in 2 ohm, then you can probably get away with spending closer to $200 bucks for the amp.

This is nice, so I hear... http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP3001 Rockford underrates all of their products. For example, I bought a 350 watt amp from them once, and it came with a "birth certificate" which stated it actually put out 391 when they tested it! So even though this amp is only rated at 300 wrms, it will put out more than that.

Now that I think about it, audiobahn doesnt make many amps with that small of wattage. So maybe you shouldnt bother with them....Good luck... :nice: