need help choosing mufflers.

slow96mustang

May 20, 2005
romulus mi
im trying to decide between the dynomax super turbos, or the magnaflow glass packs. i had a set of 40 series flows on it before, but, they got annoying, as everyone and their mother in michigan has them. i have some thrush boss turbos on it now, and they sounded really good for about 4 days, till one of them actually blew out. i love the glass pack sound with a x pipe, and i just wanna know your guys seggestions on what sounds best, that way, i can pick something up, and fix my annoying exhaust this weekend.

rob

• Sponsors (?)

magnapacks are very loud. dynomax superturbo's are very quite.

I would look at a strait throw muffler like regular magnaflow, bolra, bassani, slp powerflow, dynomax ultraflow. they won't have the same resonances as flowmaster and are not as comon.

I love my borla's. nice aggressive tone. not too quiet, not too loud. I really love bassani as well but they are even more money than borla. I am not much on the magnaflow sound wise but they make a nice product. I think the dynomax ultraflows sound decent as well. I have not heard the slp power flow's yet.

I'd go with the Dynomax Ultraflows over the Superturbo's... the race magnums might be too loud.

I have Ultraflows, and while I'm not super thrilled about the sound from inside the car, it sounds VERY nice from the outside.

i shouldnt of put the magnaflow glass pack part in there. i want a quite, yet throaty sounding muffler, like i think the super turbos would give, since the ones i have now are about the same anyways. what is the name of the magnaflow normal muffler, not the magnapack, but the quieter of the ones they offer? i really wanna try them out, over the super turbos, cause i already know how they sound, and i want something different. thanks for any help.

bassani sells a quiet muffler? what are they called? i like their race mufflers, they sound really good as long as you have your car floored, but i dont want anything loud.... i want something suttle, yet noticable, and not a flow... i want people to wounder about it instead of say, oh hes got flows.

thanks again guys.

the regular magnaflows are just there normal oval mufflars. they have a couple different body sizes.

bassani sells a couple different series of mufflers. quiet thunder, race

then borla has there turbo muffers. this is what I would try If I were you. I get nothing but compliments on my setup and nobody ever knows what it is.

hognutz said:
magnapacks are very loud. dynomax superturbo's are very quite.

I would look at a strait throw muffler like regular magnaflow, bolra, bassani, slp powerflow, dynomax ultraflow. they won't have the same resonances as flowmaster and are not as comon.

I love my borla's. nice aggressive tone. not too quiet, not too loud. I really love bassani as well but they are even more money than borla. I am not much on the magnaflow sound wise but they make a nice product. I think the dynomax ultraflows sound decent as well. I have not heard the slp power flow's yet.
I really don't think think that Borla is cheaper than Bassani. I got my Bassani catback for 450 :shrug:

i have magnaflows with a prochamber, for years i was anitmagnaflow, because all i heard was packs with an x, and i hated the sound, however the regular magnaflows with a prochamber sounds damn good, best sound out of the 9 exhaust combos ive had so far. if you want borla try the borla xs mufflers, the run 70-80 apiece, not bad, or if you want magnaflows get the non polished ones for 55-65 a piece. if you have the stock h pipe it will be quiet as hell. you may also want to look at turbo tubes, looks like a glass pack, similar sound to a chambered muffler.