Need Help Deciding.

• Sponsors (?)

With all the fab and engineering skills that abound around here, it doesn't have to remain a vert... Buy a shell of a hatch or coupe and transplant the top...

Hard top convertible... ? It could be done.

You know I work on convertible tops, right ? I travel constantly...matter of fact, I fly out to Ohio tomorrow...and then VA, back home Sunday. Florida is only a flight away.

Put a Mazda emblem on the mustang...tell'er you met her halfway.

Reactions: 2 users
I could see ditching the car if you just hated having a convertible or if a grail car fell in your lap but selling at a loss to build up a 2nd gen rx7...the maths just don't work. Would be cheaper to pay someone else to install a new top for you.

This could be you, Steve:
IMG_1040.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
:rolleyes:ok you got me....

I got the pictures of the rx7 and showed them to Shannon, when she got done looking at them she asked me how much it would cost to finish the mustang. I lol'D for a bit after that.

Then I showed her the notch and she didn't complain...... gonna call the guy tomorrow.

Worst case scenario I finish the vert and figure a way to mount an AC compressor where the smog pump used to be....

@RaggedGT - your close, I want a full race/streetcar but have a convertible. That leaks

Reactions: 2 users
I know people that have done vin tag swaps for cars they couldn't get titles on.. I would never do that, it's illegal... but just sayin.:rolleyes:

Remember me saying I have a parts car lx hatch?
:D

You're gonna get killed on that car if you try to sell it "as is" Steve. There is simply too much going on under that hood that is straight outta your head that would make it seem like a nightmare to figure out for somebody else. (Myself included)

The rest of the car is a backyard painted fox vert w/ a top that leaks...
Everybody that sells the project, regrets selling the project. Trust me when I say this..

Focus on the reason for the decision to move into a different car..Obviously,..an externally loud, obnoxious, high powered smelly vehicle w/ a ton of ancillary NVH as a result of the leaking convertible top, solid, or rigid mounted engine suspension probably has alot to do with it.

I'm already looking for ways to quiet the noisy lizard,..and the wife hasn't even sat in the car while it's running yet.

If it's a quieter/tighter chassis,...You've got guys here ready and willing to point you towards the path of hardtoppeddom,
That alone will fix a large part of the collateral noises. How you deaden/insulate the car beyond that will be next,..lastly exhaust....
find and fix the leaks, and throw the noisy ass mufflers in the trash....
The enjoy having a fast car that you can drive to MW (or wherever) w/o smelling like a muffler, and having to yell the whole way there.

If you go over to the dark side and get a jap car,..you'll be a jap car forum member right after that. You'll be helping wankle weanies figure out their MSII's over there too,...The forum will be like the Star-Quest forum I used to be a member of...
A stickied "kill thread" where you get to brag about beating some other ricer, or domestic vehicle while doing it w/ an engine that goes Hmmmmmmmm.
It'll be boring in a minute.
And,.......You may as well put a big, red, shiny light bulb up on the front of the hood, Cause you wont get to play in any domestic reindeer games. (Like MW,...HR's Power tour,...etc, etc..)
**Regardless of the fact that you have a 347'd/TR 3550'd engine combo under the hood.:nonono:
Or a twin turbo'd, R blocked 363, backed by glide running through to a shortened 8.8...:nonono:
To the rest of the yayhoos.....It still was just a jap car.

And,....lastly,..w/ regard to putting a Ford emblem on the Mazda body....Doesn't Ford OWN Mazda?

But,...I already tried that too...look at my sig pic..Ford emblem over a Mitsubishi Tri-diamond.

Ok, here go's, 'the girl at the other end of the couch' doesn't 'like' to ride in my car neither, it doesn't stink of oil/exhaust fumes, has stock seating and is not loud, she will ride in it but does have her orders when seated, 'don't do anything stupid' are the first words outta her mouth, no burn outs, no sideways first-second gear shifts, don't crankup the stereo loud. If I had a similar built anything she would be the same way, 'why don't you sell this car and get a new mustang?' is what I hear but she would still have the same request when seated in that or anything else I want to drive.
Make your garage a little bigger, build that little bus for her and put a tag on the front of the vert that says 'supercharged no girls allowed'.
'Sit down, shut up, hang on' comes to mind but thats been over used.

So I'm about 20 coupes in and I still cannot find what I'm looking for. By the time I call it's too late.... SOLD!

Then you have the asshats that think that their car is worth $10,000 and it doesn't even run. Or that their 2.3 liter hatchback is worth 5000 because the AC works in the interior is nice. FML

Reactions: 1 users