Need help fast with cam install

• Sponsors (?)

Cams only or springs as well? Cams alone with an experienced installer should be no more than 4 hours and that is an very loose estimate. That's about how long cams only took in my car on my first time. Now springs are a different story they will add another 5-8 hours easily to the job.

Bill

If it was a pushrod engine, I might be able to see 9 hrs total, but this being SOHC. :shrug: I wouldn't think 9 hrs, but I've never done one. Do you have to take everything off the front of the engine on these? I've done a few pushrod cam installs, only took about 4 hrs or 5 hrs or so and for that you have to pull off the water pump, valve covers, loosen rockers, pull distributor, pull intake, pull lifters, radiator (if you don't pull motor) then stitch everything back up. With these I would only thing everything off the front (not that much), valve covers... what else? :shrug:

Valve covers, inlet tubing, spark plugs, disconnect injectors, unbolt AC (3 10mm bolts), Power steering pump (4 10mm bolts), crank pulley, water pump pulley and the front cover. The cam swap itself isn't more than 20-30 minutes tops.

Bill