Need help installing a Mach 460 system.

Recently I went to a junkyard and pulled out the Mach 460 amps and speaker box along with the wiring harness with the 3 connecters out of a 96 mustang. I want to install it into my 2004 V6 mustang but dont know where the two connecters on the end of the wiring harness connect to. I know the one in the middle of the chord goes to a connector behind the drivers side rear panel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I didnt get the door tweeters or the door speakers as these were already gone. :(

• Sponsors (?)

AIRCOOLEDBLLY

I PUT A 2004 MACH460 SUB BOX IN MY 1999 MUSTANG. I LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR HELP TO WIRE IT UP. I RECEIVED NON. I FOUND THE BEST WAY IS TO HOOK IT UP WAS TO INSALL AN AFTERMARKET AMP TO THE REAR SUBS. ON THE FACTORY SET-UP ONE AMP POWERS THE REAR SPEAKES AND THE OTHER POWERS THE FRONT SPEAKERS. IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO HOOK-UP THE MACH 460 REAR SPEAKER SYSTEM TO A NON-FACTORY MACH 460 STEREO.

I think there are 2, 4 pin connectors that go from the kick panels on through the doors to connect to the speakers.

Also don't forget that the tweeter pods and the door panels are different. It is really more trouble then it is worth to instal the factory system to tell the truth man....... You can get sooo much better for less $$$ and trouble.....

Yea, I see that now. Im bout to take off the pigtail from the box and just use the box to hold the speakers and tweeters. One final thing is will the tweeters work without the amp power cord? I dont really care the amps dont work, just bout to put new tweeters in there cuz the old ones i took out becasue they were damaged.

First, let me start by saying, I think it was in 01 that ford changed the setup of the mach system. The earlier systems had a seaperate amp for the tweets (making the total amp count 3). The later systems used the head unit to power the tweeters. My guess would be that the wiring changed slightly too, wich is why you are having trouble with the plugs. that being said, if you have an 01+ mach head unit the tweeters will play without the rear amps, if not they may play but you will be sending them a full range signal (bad).

Yeah, im just trying to get the speakers and tweeters to work. I took out the stock mach speakers and replaced them with 400W Pioneers. The tweets would be cool if they would work but its no big deal if they dont. My car doesnt have a mach head unit. It has an aftermarket one.

Did your pioneer speakers come with crossovers, and are they connected, if so, your mach amps will only be sending lower frequencies on the wires that originally connected to the 5x7 speakers. Meaning that you will have to bypass them in order for your setup to work coorrectly.