SN95 Need Help On Cobra Build

Essn95

5 Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello all, joined the forums in hopes of getting help in building my cobra and getting more familiar with the mustang society. So now a little about me.
I am the owner of two mustang cobras...
- 1995 Mustang Cobra Convertible
- 1995 Mustang Cobra HARDTOP Convertible (one of 499:))
So here is my plan,
The normal convertible is in rough condition, it has faded paint, decent dents, trashed interior but the irony is the car runs like a dream. Its full bolt on with a bbk 70mm tb, bbk cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, aluminum driveshaft, shorty headers, catted x pipe, and slp loudmouth 2 exhaust. It sounds beautiful.

Now on the other hand, the rare hardtop one has fairly good paint and interior and runs decent. But it doesn't run or sound as good as the vert because it is stock. So my plan is to transfer everything except the CAI and headers from the normal vert to the hardtop and put the stock parts on the normal vert. So that way I have a good looking car that also runs well.
I'm basically a newbie and only have basic mechanical knowledge so I will need your guys help to complete all of this.
All guidance and tips will be appreciated

View: http://imgur.com/a/W0uGE

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I would love to but then we would have three of almost the same cars lol, a coupe, vert, and hardtop convertible. Looking to sell the convertible when done, needs some love and it could help reduce the cost to build the other @karthief

Let me get this straight, your gonna swap the drivetrain from one car to the other?
I think that would lesson the value of both cars, here's what I would do, drive the good running car while you fix up the other, then sell the vert, both retain thier specific drivetrains and you got a highly collectable hardtop/convertable and the sale of the vert will lesson the cost of the other.

My father has one, and I have two as of now @Mustang5L5

Not necessarily, I just want to take the bolt on parts from the vert and put them onto the hardtop and basically revert the convertible to stock and then sell it @karthief
For example, take hurst shifter off of the vert and put the stock from the hardtop onto the vert, and the same for the rest of the parts.