Need help picking a front bumper...

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
I need a new front bumper but i cant decide which i want. I dont want the cobra cause i already had one and one something different. I wanted the 2000 r bumper but it does not look decent with stock side skirts. So now im thinking the saleen bumper but i cant find a decent price on it. What do you think about the http://www.abcexclusive.com/94.htm Part# ABC GTR 8011 FBC ? Looks like the new edge saleen style but i think it will hang low like the 00r version with that front lip.

What do you think? I have the cobra rr svo hood for those who forgot so i want something that will look mean. Post pics of any saleen bumpers and prices, quality and place of purchase.

THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

It's sort of the 2000 Saleen body kit molded to our year
s2000sides.jpg

s2000front.jpg

s2000sideview.jpg

Yea i agree with the 03 cobra bumper....maybe abc will do something. Im gonna try emailing them.

There is a DEFINATE difference between that Mr.Body kit garbage and the abcexclusive piece. I might just have to buy some more side skirts to make it look better.

Do you guys think it would be stupid to get the side skirts from ABCexclusive without the hole cutout and just run dumps for now until i get the side exhaust?

The reason i ask is because i think i will need side skirts to get the front bumper to line up to look nice and i dont want to buy side skirts twice but i think i will want side exhaust down the line after the h/c/i upgrade.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Try going to Ebay and type body kit for your stang and you'll see a whole bunck of new kit that nobody has... if you want ta diffent look this is the way to go ..
and the are cheap too ...

Richie1rwb said:
Try going to Ebay and type body kit for your stang and you'll see a whole bunck of new kit that nobody has... if you want ta diffent look this is the way to go ..
and the are cheap too ...

1. no stangnet member wants a cheap fiberglass knockoff saleen kit
2. no stangnet member wants a cheap fiberglass knockoff ricer kit.
3. no stangnet member wants a ricer kit in general.
4. nobody has it because its gay.

I'd rather have a cheap fiberglass knockoff Saleen kit that costs $500 and is at my door in two weeks than a $1200 Real Saleen kit that I have to wait forever for. Just my opinion though. Body work is expensive and if you get in an accident, that means that I paid less for the parts that have to replaced.

SN95StangMan said:
What hapenned to your cobra bumper?

I have always liked the stalker bumper. Of the other ones mentioned, I think I like the Saleen one the best.

I never had a cobra bumper....well i did on my first v6 stang but thats longgg gone. I always had the beat up stocker on this one....

nmcgrawj said:
Do you guys think it would be stupid to get the side skirts from ABCexclusive without the hole cutout and just run dumps for now until i get the side exhaust?

The reason i ask is because i think i will need side skirts to get the front bumper to line up to look nice and i dont want to buy side skirts twice but i think i will want side exhaust down the line after the h/c/i upgrade.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

we think alike. i also want the side skirts from abc. i already spoke to a muffler shop and he said he could custom bend the pipes to line up with the holes, then it's just a matter of choosing nice tips to fit. that's what i plan on doing

95Vert said:
we think alike. i also want the side skirts from abc. i already spoke to a muffler shop and he said he could custom bend the pipes to line up with the holes, then it's just a matter of choosing nice tips to fit. that's what i plan on doing

What mufflers do you plan on using? If regular mufflers, then those pipes would have to hang really low to get back around. You could use some bullit styl mufflers so you can put them further towards the front of the car. OR you could just buy the mufflers from Spintech and have the pipes bent around. They sale their side exhaust mufflers seperately. THats what i would do for ease of installation.