Need help picking a new tranny..how's the Super Duty World Class t5?

• Sponsors (?)

I also just talked to liberty trans and don walsh sr. my options are def. limited. i did find a new 3550 for 1250 though, what do you guys think about that deal, what will the 3550 stand up to?

Also I think i am going to just rebuild this trans to stock specs and sell it on ebay or something then i will have a little more cash towards a new tranny.

I didnt read all those posts so sorry if this is a repeat, but for the 1100 bucks you're paying for the T5, you could add another 100 bucks and buy yourself a Tremec 3550 which will out last any stock T5.

As for what they'll stand up to...my motor is stock with the mods in my sig link, which don't add a whole lot of power, BUT i drive it like i stole it and powershift whenever i get the urge...I figure that with the stock motor, i should be able to pound on it without worry of breaking something, so long as i shift good...which i do :nice:

I just bought a 3rd and 2nd gear and master rebuild kit, along with new forks for the stock tranny from d&d performance. Got the thing all apart and it all looks good except the know broken parts. I cleaned it up and painted all of it...it actually looks like the whole tranny and bell are polished aluminum. So monday it will all go back together and I will have a spare tranny or sell it, until I decide to buy a Tremec that is.