Need help picking out hood

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
NE, OH
Alright guys, I need a little help. Some may know that I am going to be gettin the TTI kit, so I need a new hood. I was set on the Steeda hood, until they got back with me on the shipping. $200 freaking dollars. :notnice: That is almost double than what everyone else is charging.
I see that AM has a VFiber 1995 style cobra R hood. Anyone know about it

VFiber Mustang 1995 Style Cobra R Hood (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I can get this hood for $450 shipped(free shipping to business :banana:) Even if I get it shipped to my house, it's only $75.00 Way cheaper than Steeda.
What do you guys think? Here is a few pics of the stang. Maybe someone can do a photochop for me :D

8-08-08.jpg

11-26-064.jpg

11-26-0613.jpg

I was also tossing the idea around of the Cervini's 00 Cobra R hood
Cervini's 2000 Style Cobra R Hood (99-04 Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Let me know guys

• Sponsors (?)

Just curious, I assume you "need" a new hood cause the TT kit.....how much will the TT kit contact the stock hood, or is it because an aftermarket intake or something? I think it would be just mean and nasty with the stock hood....but IF you must have a hood for clearance, I think the 95R's seem to take the vote on these cars. I like them....but have fallen for the 03 cobra hoods lately...would that clear or not?

95 Cobra hood FTMFW!!! :rock: .... whats a TTI kit?

:nonono:
Tork Tech Inc, Duh :rolleyes:

Just curious, I assume you "need" a new hood cause the TT kit.....how much will the TT kit contact the stock hood, or is it because an aftermarket intake or something? I think it would be just mean and nasty with the stock hood....but IF you must have a hood for clearance, I think the 95R's seem to take the vote on these cars. I like them....but have fallen for the 03 cobra hoods lately...would that clear or not?

Yeah, there kit requires a new hood for clearance, because the blower sits higher. They sell an extended length hood scoop for you to modify the stock one but that cost $200 so figured might as well get a new hood. plus, I don't like how there extended scoop looks. :shrug:

Is your car red or orange?

Oh yeah....for the hood....get a carbon fiber one.

In two of the pics it is orange, and one of the pic it is red :D

and no, no carbon fiber. :nonono:
go home you :shrug:

Thanks for the help guys. I do like the 95 style better so I am leaning more towards that one. Also it is cheaper. :nice:

So if we were to go by the odds then your car is orange?
And bite me. Like I care enough about 2V to learn every single FI kit there is :nonono:

:D

BTW, get an 03/04 hood :nice: