Need help picking right tires

LS-what?

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2002
indiana
Just trying to get some opinons and experiences on MT drag radials I already have 28x10.5 et drags just seeing if I should try and get away with riding around on slicks or opt for the radials.Will be trailered to the track and driven around for short cruises IE True street class

also which radials are comparable with my ET drags? also here are my mods to help you decide low 10sec on motor high 9sec on spray

thanks in advance

View attachment 408429
1989 4 cyl notch
IMHO a Badass two tone paint job
custom interior all black painless switch panel kirkey race seats
12 point cage painted to match car torque boxes and sub frames welded
all wolfe race craft rear susp, 8.8 TA girdle, 4:10, 33-spline pro race
all PA racing front end tubular K member, A-arms, AJE coil over BBK Cast/Camber
strange 10-way adjus all 4 corners

C-4 done up by local shop billet servo good clutches
4500 coan stall
chetah shifter

wheels
centerline telstars 15x4 & 15x10

69 351w (408) 11:1 all eagle 4340 internals 2000 bolt option
girdle,canton oil pan
JE pistons
AFR 205 nitrous port option
ED curtis solid roller tight lash
ported 351w victor junior
csr water pump
130 amp alt
crower link bar lifters
comp pro magnum rockers
rocker stud girdle
kooks 2" to 3.5 headers dr gas 3" X pipe & bassani for mufflers
pro systems custom 870 cfm carb
NX express Hitman
Barry Grant 280 pump sumped tank 1/2" line BG fuel pre reg

• Sponsors (?)

i guess it just dpends one where u live and the road conditons on how well the DR's do. All my buddys around here have Nitto 555R's and will not switch to the ET Streets cause they just wont hook around here.

Nitto 555Rs are a awesome DR my buddy just went through he first set about 3 months ago. they were on a 446/467 01' WS6 TA auto and a 526/607 02' H/C 125shot WS6 m6. the auto car went 60' in 1.67 and the m6 best has been 1.7X cause he is still trying to find the sweet spot ples he just blew out the 7.5 rear shen he first sprayed the car on the track. GM's biggest mistake ever in the ls1 camaros/ta's/firebirds the set that came off had 15k on them i think

i remember i was riocking the et streets (ones on right) one night because my friend let me try them. lol pulled up to this **** talking white lx and when the light turned green i dropped it at like 4000 and all it did was spin like a hlafa arevolution lol. awsome tires!

i guess it just dpends one where u live and the road conditons on how well the DR's do. All my buddys around here have Nitto 555R's and will not switch to the ET Streets cause they just wont hook around here.

Nitto 555Rs are a awesome DR my buddy just went through he first set about 3 months ago. they were on a 446/467 01' WS6 TA auto and a 526/607 02' H/C 125shot WS6 m6. the auto car went 60' in 1.67 and the m6 best has been 1.7X cause he is still trying to find the sweet spot ples he just blew out the 7.5 rear shen he first sprayed the car on the track. GM's biggest mistake ever in the ls1 camaros/ta's/firebirds the set that came off had 15k on them i think

nittos :nono: around here and plus david wolfe went 7.40@197mph on this tire :spot: nuff said I'm getting them just trying to figure what size fits without minitubbing

later

28x10.5 is the 275/60-15 For BFG DR's and Micky T DR's... 26x10.5 = 275/50-15 just FYI Exactly, drag radials do not grow like a slick, so if yoru running close to the rev limiter on a 28 inch tall slick, your going to hit it on a drag radial...

I ran a set of MT et street radials last year. They were 275/50's and hooked up nice, but didnt last long at all right around 3000 miles and I was pretty nice to them that whole time. Now I have BFG 275/50's which I think hook up just as good and cant see any wear on them yet at all, nice tires.

Yeppers.. I def have nothing bad to say about bfg's mine lasted about 3500 miles, going to the track every wed and every thurs, the seriously dead hook off the line on the gas... ..so my analogy, buying a drag radial and worrying about bad milaege, is like dating a fat chick and worrying about the grocery bill...