Need Help Picking!

Pliskin

Jul 27, 2004
I need help with my hood now. The Cervinis cowl I wanted to get isnt available till Feb of next year. I need to pick a new hood ASAP. I have the GT500 front end and I need a good hood to match. The other factor is the Saleen blower so I cant have a hood the same as the stock one because it flexes over the top of the SC.

Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

It doesnt need to be a shelby hood or anything. I was thinking maybe the Saleen hood. I think that'll look nice with the Shelby bumper. Or maybe the Steeda hood.

I wonder what the Steeda hood would look like with the GT500 bumper. In my head that looks tough. Mixing old school cowl hood with the new school "swallow you up" bumper and grill:nice:

I don't know how that would look with the GT500 fascia, though. It won't exactly line up, which is why they sell GT500 specific hoods. I mean, it'll probably look ok, but not as good as a hood that was made for it.

Bought it from Ford. Very pricey.

As for using a regular GT hood, they have a car in the Members Pics forum of a guy that uses the stock GT hood with the GT500 front bumper but I dont know how well it fits.

100_3499.jpg

2006MUSTANG11507014.jpg

I'm gonna try some photochops here in a bit.

Attachments

• 100_3499.jpg
    100_3499.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 2006MUSTANG11507014.jpg
    2006MUSTANG11507014.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm about 80% sure I decided on the Super Snake hood. I called Shelby to order but I chickened out at the last minute. I got the direct number to the rep that was helping me and I'll call back Monday after thinking about it the rest of the week. I think the hood with some side scoops added will look good on my car. I'd consider waiting for the Trufiber hood but I need a hood now because I currently dont have one. Sorry Trufiber but its taking too long otherwise I probably would have gone with yours.