Hi I've owned my 1988 Mustang GT for about a year now. I got it with 97,000 miles on it and only driven it about 110 miles since. It is stock and I've recently been having problems with not having spark and my fuel pump does not prime when I turn the key on. I also have a thick red wire that is between my ignition coil and battery. Heres the whole story. I recently replaced the cars fuel pressure regulator due to a sputter when I would give the car a lot of gas. I drove it after that and although it didn't fix the problem the car ran fine if I babied it. A few weeks later all I did was replace 2 power steering hoses and a windsheild wiper motor. When I finished that I tried to start her up again but it would just turn over and wasn't starting. I pulled a sparkplug out and looked for a spark as I tried to start it but I didn't have a spark, the engine would just turn over. I also didn't smell any fuel after doing this for a while so I listened for the fuel pump to prime when I turned the key like it always does but nothing happened. Even after reseting the inertia switch in the back of the car I had nothing. I tested all the wires I could for voltage. The silinoid had 12.4v (with just key on), the spark plug had 6v (when trying to start the car), and everything that I thought should have voltage I tested and it did so I have power everywhere. I replaced the module on the distributor and brushed off some of the compontents that had a lot of oxidation inside the distributor and the car still had no spark or fuel. Even after replacing the ignition coil and the fuel pump I still had no spark and no fuel pump priming. Now the really confusing part thats been driving me crazy. Their is this thick red wire that I'm not sure if it is anything or not. The previous owner obviesly did a terrible job with the electrical so everything looks bad and unorganized. Could this red wire be something important that is effecting the engine spark and fuel pump? I've tried everything I could think of and I'm completly stumped. I am really desperate for advise and would really appretiat some. Thanks for reading.