Need help- SN95 Vortech intake question- please advise!

helix007

Jun 24, 2004
Hi all-

I have a 95 GT with a Vortech- the discharge tube design seems absolutely ridiculous due to the turn. It is s-shaped and "pinched", and now my tube is starting to split in the middle, due to either heat or stress. I want to ditch this whole intake setup for an explorer setup, but what should I do about the discharge tube? Once I do the swap, will a tube for a fox vortech fit? I need some advice overall on how to go about this- should I get a fox TB, or should I get the SN95 adapter? Would very much appreciate the help- thanks much.

IMAGE_116.jpg

Attachments

• IMAGE_116.jpg
    IMAGE_116.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Sponsors (?)

i see that little plastic bugger as a restriction as well. the part number for the fox discharge tube is 4FA012-020 as per the vortech website. summit has em for like 65$. does anyone know for sure if the sn95/fox super charger location is the same? if so, get rid of intake elbow (on aftermarket intake setup) and you should be able to use the fox discharge tube. egr from fox setup too, if you run EGR. also, a throttle bracket would have to be salvaged from a fox as well as throttle cable. you'd have to do some rigging for cruise to if you wanted to keep it. so does anyone know for sure if the vortech fox discharge tube works for sn95 with fox manifold for sure?

Thanks for the replies- you're right- the question is, will the fox setup and fox tube work with the way the s/c is clocked/sitting on an SN95 install?

Some other points to consider if it helps-

I don't care if I lose egr (I live in Florida and car is 10+ years old)
I don't mind losing cruise control

thanks again! :flag:

Vortech 4FA012-020 - - summitracing.com

i did a search and didnt find anything. thanks for confirming that though.

oh wow.. I can't believe you found that part.. thats the plastic discharge tube found in the low output kits.. I was always looking at the aluminum ones for 250...

Like I said, with the fox intake, it should bolt right up reusing your existing couplers..

If you find an engine pics thread, you'll see alot of these setups run by sn-95 guys.. Good luck

oh wow.. I can't believe you found that part.. thats the plastic discharge tube found in the low output kits.. I was always looking at the aluminum ones for 250...

Like I said, with the fox intake, it should bolt right up reusing your existing couplers..

If you find an engine pics thread, you'll see alot of these setups run by sn-95 guys.. Good luck

ahh, when i waas looking at the parts lists on the vortech site, i honestly didnt even look to see about the low output kit. thakns for that tidbit of info though. well cool, looks like im gonna be ordering that soon.