Need Help Speed density supercharging?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i bought a powerdyne supercharger that has been updated with the billet propeller and kevlar belt,with a Anderson powerpipe making 10 psi or i can install the 6 psi pulley that have also with the kit..Ok my question is the car is Speed density and i know i need to put a check valve in-line of the MAP senser which way does it go anyone know?..which way flow wise i mean..lol

• Sponsors (?)

Is the powerdyne a BD11a? I had one once! I seriously would not run 10 psi, I ran 9 psi and the belt broke 2 times both with they exact same mileage on them. I had the unit rebuilt twice professionally by a Powerdyne supplier and it still broke. I personally wouldnt run any higher than 6 psi on those units.

Is the powerdyne a BD11a? I had one once! I seriously would not run 10 psi, I ran 9 psi and the belt broke 2 times both with they exact same mileage on them. I had the unit rebuilt twice professionally by a Powerdyne supplier and it still broke. I personally wouldnt run any higher than 6 psi on those units.

Yes it is a BD11a it was rebuilt by 928 motorsports, it has the billet impeller and kevlar belt and better bearing..Honestly the kit im getting has the 9 psi pulley on it but he is giving me the 6 psi pulley i think thats the one im going to run anyways...I want to get the car in the high 12's It ran 14.4@96 with some bolt ons...but i didnt fine tune it i think it had some more left in it..I ran street tires with a 2.0 60ft..the car is a convertible with an AOD mild stall and 3.27's gears. the car used to be set-up with an older paxton sn93 i since sold that thought i was going turbo didnt happen,so im going to try this blower comes with the extra pulley and a Anderson powerpipe im thinking it should be ok for what i want to run?

Mine was also rebuilt twice by 928. I ran a 9 lb pulley saw about 6 or 7. Without Heads or a cam I ran 13.0 at 110. The powerdyne is ok, but i urge you to avoid putting a smaller pulley on for more boost, that unit simply cant take it!! At 6 lbs you should be ok

Mine was also rebuilt twice by 928. I ran a 9 lb pulley saw about 6 or 7. Without Heads or a cam I ran 13.0 at 110. The powerdyne is ok, but i urge you to avoid putting a smaller pulley on for more boost, that unit simply cant take it!! At 6 lbs you should be ok

Thanks for the info..i was probably going to run the 6psi pulley..This isnt go to be a race car just a fun weekend toy..:D

As stated The check valve needs to close under boost so the map wont see boost only vac.

Are you going to run a FMU?

Very intrested to see how well it works out. I know it can be done. Kenne Bell had/has a kit that was made for the SD mustang back in 87-88