NEED HELP swaybar mounting location

5ptslow

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2002
Redford, MI
well im putting on new swaybar brackets. mine broke off so... i need to know the location on the frame where they go. could someone go measure from the center of the square on the bracket to where the frame meets the core support.

• Sponsors (?)

im sorry if i seem impatient. trying to finish this up. i have everything out of the engine compartment. my factory brackets that weld to the frame broke off. so i cut the new brackets from a donor car. all stuff is stock btw.

i put the LCA back on with the sway bar attached to the end links (no springs or struts) and raised it up to get a starting point. seems like the end links sit to far back.

so im asking for someone to measur from the center of the square hole on the bracket welded to the frame to the inside of the front core support.

Thanks

Okay, On the sway bar bracket. From the bolt that is most forward.

Laterally from the center of the bolt, to the outside edge of the core support (this is going sideways, paralell to the radiator) I have 3 3/4 inches.

From the center of the bolt to even with the inside edge of the lower bit of the core support, I have 12 1/2 inches. Lower bit meaning the part of the core support that's down where the bottom of the radiator sits when it's installed.

Hope this helps. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday afternoon as promised, but I couldn't find a tape measure!