Need help to find master cylinder

• Sponsors (?)

assuming you are not using power brakes, the 75 granada non-power master cylinder should work just fine. i think it has a 1" bore, but that should not make any real difference. for power brakes use the granada power m/c

I had the 74 maverick master on my 67 with brakes from a 73 and the pedal just went to the floor. i think it had the 7/8" bore... i swapped to a 98 explorer master, nice aluminum with a plastic res, ports on the outside. I think its like a 1 1/8" bore so without power its a little hard to push but its not bad with a manual tranny anyways...

67coupestang said:
I had the 74 maverick master on my 67 with brakes from a 73 and the pedal just went to the floor. i think it had the 7/8" bore... i swapped to a 98 explorer master, nice aluminum with a plastic res, ports on the outside. I think its like a 1 1/8" bore so without power its a little hard to push but its not bad with a manual tranny anyways...

I have a 74 Maverick MC in a 68 Granada swap Mustang. This weekend I plan on finishing it up. Is this the wrong MC to use with a nonpower Granada swap setup?

If I recall correctly a disc master cylinder for a 71-72 Galaxie ( or rather Custom for that year) is the one I used for the 4 wheel disc swap I did back in the 80's in a 67 fastback. It had a 1 1/16 or 1/18 bore and was for a no-power application. Worked great with the Stang and didn't have to reroute any brake lines. This M/C should still be available from most parts houses.