Need help tuning

needsboost

May 9, 2005
New York
Whats going on guys im new to this site and need a little help with my stang. I have a 87 gt. I recently pulled the motor out and rebuilt it, along with putting the holley systemax 2 engine kit on it. Since it was an 87, i also had to convert it over to mass air while the motor was out. I used ford racing 30 lb injectors, a c&l 76 mass air meter, and i used a wiring harness from grantelli the splices into the existing speed density wiring harness in order to convert it to mass air. Now the motor runs, before i was having trouble with it idling, it would drop from about 900 to 4000 and keep going up and down steadily. Now it is iding pretty well in between 900 and 1000. But now it is running very rich, it was running a little rich before , but not as bad. Also when i am driving the car, some times it surges kind of, i think thats the word.If i am not on the the throttle and then give a little bit of gas, it starts hesitating alot. I took a lot of vacuum lines out but plugged them because i got rid of the a/c and the smop pump as well. I was just wondering if maybe thier is someone else out their that is having similair problems and what they did to fix the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly apprectied.-J Friz

• Sponsors (?)