need help w/ surge/bypass valve on procharger

orangemachine

Apr 5, 2007
pa
Just put my new forged 4.6 together, all finished, in car, and all is well except for a high pitch noise coming from my bypass valve on my p1sc. Around the 1500-2500 rpm range, this high pitch noise pretty much kills your ears. I took it off, inspected it, put it on another way, all with failure. Does anyone know why this valve would be making the noise? It never did before. Only change is that I added an Anderson Power Pipe. The noise seems like its happening under the 'no vaccum' range.

Thanks for ideas.

Also, if I have to get a new one, I need names and prices. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

first off which valve is it? the stock one with the kit? if it is you are probably going to want to upgrade it to something bigger anyway. second did you hook the vacuum line up to it and to a good vacuum source? a pic of it might help some...

Thanks for the comments everyone. The high pitched noise is definitely coming from the stock procharger bypass valve. I even took it off while running and the noise was gone. As far as the noise, it hurts your ears and is embarrassing. Funny thing is, it never did this before, but that was before I put on my AFM power pipe with the new engine.

I double and thriple checked all hookups and all seems fine. My quess is the butterfly valve is not fully closed and leaking. Thats why I wondered if there was an adjustment or other people had problems with these. I heard they tend to leak, however, its weird that it would 'all of a sudden' start leaking.

If it leaked, I wonder if it would make a high pitch noise thats unbearable. One correct, the noise happens when I'm under full vaccum (18-20). When no vaccum and boost, no noise.

get some video with sound and post it up and maybe that will help.. I have a procharged combo and have been though issues with the stock bypass and high boost and now have the race bypass which solved so many issues from belt jumping on decel to just small driveability issues like pulsing the meter. sounds like the valve is wide open at full vacuum which it does remain open and is supposed to seal up when you throttle it hard.. what RPMs does it make the noise most and does it ever stop when you go WOT and possibly come back when you let out of WOT?