Need help - Wheel Offset

Bought a 89 notchback with a sn95 rearend with coil overs. Wheels stick out like crazy and I don’t like it. Would like to fit a 295 tire that’s flush with wheel well. What do I do? What offset and backspacing would I need for a wheel to fit flush using a 18 rim sve series 2 wheel, or 15in welds in rear. . I like both styles but currently hate the look and rubs everywhere. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 52C4DA08-F1F0-49EE-AB04-7F535F24F6C6.jpeg
    52C4DA08-F1F0-49EE-AB04-7F535F24F6C6.jpeg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

You’re going to have a helluva time making a 295 fitting in stock wheel wells. My 275s barely fit, and that was after some hammering, a little cutting, and some rolling.

How wide are the wheels now, and what is the width you’d like to run? Backspace is going to be driven by that.

Honestly, you are better off converting to fox lenght axles and running offset caliper brackets. That will pull the mounting face of the flange in 3/4”.

finding 9”+ wheels with the correct deep backspacing is going to be difficult.

When I had a sn95 rear the best offset was 40mm. The issue is they would sit under the fender in the front. The best option is as 5L5 said. Fox length rear axles and different caliper brackets would solve that issue and you could use normal fox low offset wheel spacing. That would get you that nice deep dish in the rear. You could also run up to a 10 inch wheel with some BFH modifications, a rolled fender, aftermarket lower control arms, and removing the quad shocks.

When I had a sn95 rear the best offset was 40mm. The issue is they would sit under the fender in the front. The best option is as 5L5 said. Fox length rear axles and different caliper brackets would solve that issue and you could use normal fox low offset wheel spacing. That would get you that nice deep dish in the rear. You could also run up to a 10 inch wheel with some BFH modifications, a rolled fender, aftermarket lower control arms, and removing the quad shocks.
Thanks for advice

Thanks!
Thanks for advice

Reactions: 1 user