Need Help With Classified Ad Deletion

Sam8950

Founding Member
Mar 13, 2001
Haslet, Texas
I placed an ad in the Classifieds and sold my car as a result. Good.

However, when I try to delete the ad, I keep getting the error message "You do not have permission for this action!" I tried everything the Help section suggested (i.e., clearling cookies, etc.) but still can't delete it. I can edit anything in it, though. So why can't I delete my own ad?

I filled out a help request via the Contact page, but never received a response.

Can someone here help me?

Thanks,
Sam

4u2nv said:
You aren't a Moderator or Admin, so no, you cannot delete it.
What area is it posted in? Post a link here, if you can.

This is the link to my ad:

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=22452&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

If you could help me delete it, that would be most appreciated.

While we’re on the subject, the fact that one can not remove one’s own ad is absolutely ridiculous. If this is indeed the way the Stangnet Classifieds are implemented, it should be changed. That’s my opinion, anyway. :shrug: The fact that nothing in the help information tells one this (at least that I found), and the lack of a response from a help question, are other maters that need to be addressed as well.

I’ll get off my soap box now. Thanks again for your help.

Sam

Sam8950 said:

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=22452&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

While we’re on the subject, the fact that one can not remove one’s own ad is absolutely ridiculous. If this is indeed the way the Stangnet Classifieds are implemented, it should be changed. That’s my opinion, anyway. :shrug: The fact that nothing in the help information tells one this (at least that I found), and the lack of a response from a help question, are other maters that need to be addressed as well.

Sam

I don't have admin powers, so I'll have to pass this on. Please remain patient. Thank you.

Sam8950 said:

Sam
My powers do not reach into that realm unfortunately...

U.M.

hillie16 said:

Thanks a bunch! :hail2: Now maybe I'll stop getting calls & e-mails (even though it has been marked "Sold" for a while now).

BTW, how does a classified ad normally get removed?
After it's marked "Sold" for x days/weeks/months?
After a certian time period?
You just have to ask, like I did?

I looked through the Help page again, but couldn't find anything about this subject... or am I just too dense to find it? :bang: It really seems like information that should be readily available.

Thanks again,
Sam

P.S. Looked at your '95 GTS page :nice: . . . almost bought one new in '95 myself, but my '89 LX 5.0 will still running strong then . . . would love to find a nice used one now, though, since the '89 is gone.