Need Help With Dash Wiring!

MikeUrban

May 30, 2010
Chantilly, VA
Hey everyone, I haven't been around for a while but I need your help! First off.. I'd like to apologize in advance for this annoyingly long post.

I stripped my 91 a while back and just now decided to make it my daily, so I got an 88 GT for parts. I've got the engine, trans, and all of the wiring out of the 88 and into the 91. I'm working on getting everything wired up now, and I've run into an issue (or issues, to be more accurate). I have a bunch of wire connectors, that seem to go nowhere. I do have both the cluster and dash switches in. I just need some help identifying what's missing or where they go or whatever.

I took some pics of the mystery connectors, so here it goes.

This one is up next to the dead pedal near the firewall:
CAM00061.jpg

These two sit near the shifter:
CAM00062.jpg
..Here are the colors of wire
CAM00063.jpg

This connector comes out of the main harness with the hazard and defrost switch connectors:
CAM00064.jpg

This may go to the radio, but I'm not sure.
CAM00065.jpg

CAM00066.jpg

This one comes off the main harness along with the headlight and foglight switch connectors
CAM00067.jpg

CAM00068.jpg

These last two sit near each other on the floor board
CAM00072.jpg

CAM00074.jpg

Again. Sorry for the obnoxious post, but I would love to get this car running and driving and am so lost. Thank you everybody!

• Sponsors (?)

#2 & #3 The connector with the R/LG wires goes to the cruise control deactivation switch located above the steering column under the dash. The connector with the LB/Y & B/W does nothing. Both connectors are fastened to the right side of the brace to the right of the gas pedal.

#5 & #6 The connector with the W/P & P/Y goes to the hatch release button. The connector with the LG/Y & W/PK is for the fuel door release.

Reactions: 1 user
You sir, are my hero. I have a HUGE tendency to over think things, and to the point where I can't even get myself to work on the thing sometimes. Now I can actually put the dash in and get this thing on the road! Thank you x1000