Need help with determining motor

hotrodseth

Sep 13, 2009
Enid
ok heres the deal. I am going to buy a 2003 mach1 that is supposed to have an 03 cobra superchaged motor in it, along with IRS and all. I am wanting to make sure that it is a real terminator motor not just the mach one block with an eaton on top. Is there any quick checks I can do to it to make sure. istnt the mach 1 still an alumnium teksid block and the 03 cobra a cast iron block? If so shoulnt I be able to take a magnet to the block and make sure? and any other advice would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

the mach 1 and cobra has different valve covers.. the cobras are usually signed by the builders. Id take the aluminum block over the cast iron and put in my own internals if i was in your position. The manual mach 1's internals are pretty stout for stock though.

anyone else? I went and looked more yesterday. The valve covers were the cobra ones with the plaque on it. I dont know why someone would just stick those on a motor if it wasnt a real cobra motor. I also tried a magnet on the motor just above the oil pan and it stuck but then I lost it so I couldnt do any more investegating.

most likely it is a cobra motor.. i believe the mach 1's had an aluminum block.. but it's not the teksid block. I think they had an aluminum block.. i know its not the teksid block for sure though.

I really hope it is but I am not 100%. I hate to waste the money on the car if its not because It has a rebuilt title and is worth nothing if it doesnt have the real terminator motor. is there any easy way to tell if it would be a cobra motor besides the valve covers and the blower, besides ripping it apart to look at the inside. Like any easy numbers to make out or something to identify. I am going to pick up the car tomorrow and I want to do one final check. Thank you

I do have some pics of the car having the motor swaped into the car and the old motor out, but I can get them off of my phone because they were sent as a slide show not as individual pics. And yes the rebuilt title is what sucks, but I only want the terminator motor if it truely is which it seems to be. I am gettting the whole car as cheap as just the motor swap, plus it already has 450rwhp, with proof from HPP in texas.

Thanks for all your help guys, I was able to confirm 100% that it is a terminator motor, other then the obvious signs. The only thing not terminator is the transmission because its only a 5 speed which sucks because the cars dynos at 450RWHP so I am not sure how long it willl hold up its probaly only a t-45 not sure