Need Help With My Mach 460 Deck and My JL Amp

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
Anyone with knowledge of the MW article, and the Mach 460 headunit please advise. Does that unit put out a high level or low level signal through the data cable? I have everything wired correctly as per the diagram. I used the plastic snap connectors to tie into the wires as per this pic:
DSC00229-vi.jpg

My problem is that the Signal Sense on my JL 500/1 amp is not totally working unless I crank up the volume in the car to 3/4 power, and even at that, my 10W7 is just barely moving. I know this sub should really be pumping, and I have also turned up the sensitivity on the amp, but I am cautious as to how high I go. I am not sure if I should have the input on the JL amp to High level or Low level.

Anyone with knowledge on this amp and/or the Mach 460 head unit, please advise. The stereo in the car still sounds great. The 10W7 is not up and running yet though.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.
~Darren

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same setup but i have a jl 12w6v2. I set my line level converter to about half way and my jl 500/1 about 1/3. It does take about 10 seconds for the amp to turn on at low volume.And it pounds.

Okay, here's the thing, voltage input on the amps is backwards. You can get the actual reasons from the instructions for the amp, but when you set the inputs to LOW LEVEL the sound will get louder. On HIGH LEVEL the sound gets quieter. I set the inputs on my 1000/1 to LOW even though my deck is a high level output :shrug: .

You guys are a great help - I was VERY discouraged after just spending $2400.00 Canadian plus all the time and energy on the box.

So, I just want to clarify. Right now, I am taking the signal out of my data cable straight into the JL Amp, and I am NOT running a line level converter. (I did buy a line level converter - I just did not install it as I was told that I did not need one when I had an amp that accepted high level inputs. Does this mean that our deck is not providing enough juice to turn on my amp? I guess what you are saying is that I need to install the line level converter after the data cable - correct? Did you guys actually tap into our system at the data cable like the MW article, or did you tap in at the speaker?

War, what year is your car - I am just making sure that your setup will work the same as mine? Does your amp turn off in between songs or does it stay on? I assume that you are running the signal sensing feature and not a remote lead wire?

Sorry for all the questions guys...I am going to take another run at wiring this Saturday, and I want to make sure that I have all the information correct.

Thanks for all your help.
~Darren

PS...How did you guys tap into the wires...solder? Snap connectors? Other?

I have a 2002 gt.I took the wires out of the clips hooked them on and pushed them back in the houseing,very clean looking.Yes i used a line level converter. once the amp comes on it stays on.unless you are listing to it very low,and who does that?