Need help with OTS cam for my 331

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
Well im removing the motor to tear it apart to get to the bottom of this knock it has :mad: , well since it's coming out I might as well see if there is a better OTS cam for it, custom is out of the question because of funds right now and I don't need anymore downtime also, my current combo is: CHP 331 flat top pistons, AFR 185's, TFS stage 2 cam, TFS track heat manifold, BBK longtubes, 5-speed, deleted EGR, and smog pump. Is there a better OTS cam than the TFS stage 2 or should I just stick to what I have?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Go custom. If funds are that low, keep the tfs 2 cam. If an extra 100 bucks for the right cam is gonna hurt you, its gonna hurt you even more when the OTS cam you guessed on was wrong.

i opened up the thread again because i was curious what was the lastest on his engine knock problem, not out of curiosity about the cam.

i guess that wasn't clear, my bad

LOL I barely removed the motor last weekend and only took off the heads and manifold, I have to take the motor back to CHP and Mark said "If we f****ed up we'll fix it" since it only has about 1k on it, as for the cam im going to leave it as is with the TFS 2 for now only because im moving into a new place and really need the money, I did splurge on a few items though: Having my headers ceramic coated, a McLeod clutch (damn king cobra is a brick and a pain in traffic:mad: ) bought a polished PS pullie, and im having the PS bracket, ALT. bracket, and tensioner powder coated EXTREME CHROME which is supposed to look like polished aluminum or close to chrome he said.

Oh and some chrome saleen wheels 18x9 and 18x10 instead of the hypercoated ones, I put those on the 02 GT last week, and 1,000 POSTS FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mini celebration, time for a beer

LOL I knowi know, im not the smartest, and I also squeezed in a 50" Samsung LCD :shrug: BUT if I think i AM getting a custom cam after all, how much of an improvement do you think ED can get me over my 317RWHP and 342 RWTQ???

As has been posted before from this website...

You may remember I'm running a CHP-347, Twisted Wedge heads, Edelbrock RPM EFI, and the Stage One TFS cam. I dynoed (after tuning) at 312 rwhp and 348 rwtq. Then I changed to your cam and went to a bigger exhaust as per your instruction (from 1 5/8 shorty to a 1 3/4 LT). With no other changes, I just dynoed today at 373 rwhp 383 rwtq. A gain of 61 rwhp and 35 rwtq.

I just gives you an idea, but it is not your exact case.

Custom cam is the way to go, but I do not blame you for the big screen:)

As has been posted before from this website...

You may remember I'm running a CHP-347, Twisted Wedge heads, Edelbrock RPM EFI, and the Stage One TFS cam. I dynoed (after tuning) at 312 rwhp and 348 rwtq. Then I changed to your cam and went to a bigger exhaust as per your instruction (from 1 5/8 shorty to a 1 3/4 LT). With no other changes, I just dynoed today at 373 rwhp 383 rwtq. A gain of 61 rwhp and 35 rwtq.

I just gives you an idea, but it is not your exact case.

Custom cam is the way to go, but I do not blame you for the big screen:)

So you would say Ed is the best for custom cams right? and the PS3 is amazing on a 1080p 71 series samsung with the static electricity turn on blue glowing button...lol I don't even use that I still use the remote :p

He delivered what I wanted.:) Just take a look at his "customer" page on his website.

There are other guys such as Jay Allen and Buddy Rawls that do a nice job as well.