need help with paint code/color

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
i need to know about a paint color. i have seen 2 97 mustang GT's in the last 4 months, and dont know what the hell color it is. it is a factory color, it looks like laser red but it is clearly an orangy-laser red. perfect paint condition, so i know it isnt just faded. anyone with a 97 or 98 GT please let me know... one car was on the other coast (saint augustine) and the other one i saw in my hometown, but it had new hampshire plates. please help me as i am repainting my 97 lx (laser red).

thanks..... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know what color it is, but maybe was it was this color?

96mustang(exterior03)8-26-02%20copy.jpg

That's a picture of a '96 Tangerine GT. Is it this one :shrug: Try the GT boards.

Attachments

• 96mustang(exterior03)8-26-02%20copy.jpg
    96mustang(exterior03)8-26-02%20copy.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 76
For '97 and '98, I believe they only had two reds; laser red which is darker, and rio red which is bright. My car is rio red, and there's no orange in it. Now, for 1995 only, there was a third red color that had a bit of orange in it, if the light was right.. I think it was performance red. And they are pretty rare, I have not seen one in years. If this debate really gets out of hand, I could probably dig out my old Ford brochures and look in there.