Need Help with picking out Exhaust..

As many of you know, Flowmaster did their first research on my car, and determined that their off-the-shelf mufflers wouldn't give them the sound they wanted. They also didn't see any horsepower increase on the units they left me with at the end of the 4 days of testing (Super40's).

I've heard on another site from someone who followed in my footsteps, his was the second 05 Mustang used by R&D and Flowmaster. They've created a brand new muffler for the car, it is supposed to sound great. That person should also be getting copies of the dyno runs, and the kit should be available shortly from Flowmaster (the latter is my guess).

I don't know if they used Deltas (likely) or Supers, or if it is an aluminized or a stainless setup.

• Sponsors (?)

I know from what I read that I will be making my decision strictly on the sound I want since these cars are not gaining from cat-back's. I decided that my first few mods will be Steeda pullies and some type of intake and then a good tune! Honestly though these cars sound so damn good with aftermarket exhausts that its hard not to want one!

which exhaust system is the loudest? bassani, magnaflow, or do u guys think just removing the stock one is the best way to go...i dont want it obnoxiously loud...just a difference. I know magnaflows are popular but i have heard that they have no sound change. Im not looking or hp gains, just an american loud sound. Any info helps.

muffler delete sound clip

I have the muffler delete thing going and love it. Many people have asked me about the exhaust and commit how good it sounds. I have not had on the dyno yet and probley will not. I plan to use the Borla cat back system later and thought for less than $100 I would give my car a little more sound for the mean time. I will try and post the sound clip, the car was very dirity at the time and the temperture was in the teens when the clip was taken. :spot:

sullygtstang said:
which exhaust system is the loudest? bassani, magnaflow, or do u guys think just removing the stock one is the best way to go...i dont want it obnoxiously loud...just a difference. I know magnaflows are popular but i have heard that they have no sound change. Im not looking or hp gains, just an american loud sound. Any info helps.

Bassani is louder and nicer, but that's just my 2 cents. :nice:

Oh and the JBL system is supercharged according to their wesbite, so part of that nice sound could be because it has a blower!

1 BAD 05 said:
I have the muffler delete thing going and love it. Many people have asked me about the exhaust and commit how good it sounds. I have not had on the dyno yet and probley will not. I plan to use the Borla cat back system later and thought for less than $100 I would give my car a little more sound for the mean time. I will try and post the sound clip, the car was very dirity at the time and the temperture was in the teens when the clip was taken. :spot:

When you post the clip of your muffler delete would you please post it at my original thread on brads site. I have a lot of people who wanted to hear it.

Thanks

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=10996

Um the mach 1s gain about just as much as the 99-04 GTs with cat backs.There was a site with some info on the catback on a mach, SLP gained 9RWHP if I remember correctly, a mag did a test on a SLP catback for a 03 GT and it gained 9RWHP.Please dont start saying things without properly researching them, unless its just a subject thats judged on opinon.(ie. how does ____ exhaust sound) Ok anyways, I have also read where a guy put a magnaflow catback on his 05 GT and he said that it gain 0 HP on the dyno. Those are straight through mufflers, and I would think that would help reduce back pressure and free up a could HP but I guess not, the rest of the exhaust pipe will really do nothing as they are mandrel bent from the factory.Really a catback is the hugest waste, just buy an axle back or weld in some different mufflers.

I remember that test......

www.mach1review.com I think.....

SLP gained 9rwhp, Magnaflow gained 14rwhp

I have seen a gain of 0 rwhp, 5 rwhp, and 12 rwhp with the Magnaflow catback so far on this site......

I have also seen a lot of people having troouble dyno testing the vehicle....

I also know that on the car with 0 gains, they did some computer tuning BEFORE they installed the catback....

I would have to say that you would want to do computer tuning AFTER you install the catback.....

As the idea is if you tune the computer to the stock exhaust, and you change the exhaust, it is actually possible to actually loose hp, never mind having it stay the same.....

I know we do mostly exhaust here, but we do have a very good relationship with Diablo and Edge ( We actually do sell Magnaflow Performance Tuners) so we do know a little bit about tuning as well....

I also saw that on the car with the 5rwhp gain, that they were having troubles with the automatic transmission, so they were not flooring it until a certain RPM, about 3500-4000 RPM if I remember correctly....

That will also effect final numbers as well....

Honestly we have not seen the same gains as on the 99-04 cars, however we have seen consistant gains between 9 and 11 rwhp with the catback....

HP is made mostly in the mufflers in a catback system, you can remove bends or step up the size of piping on gas motors, but most of the hp is made in the mufflers.....

Most companies take universal mufflers and put them in catback systems....

Some companies actually design the mufflers by studying the way the exhaust flows through them on a particular vehicle....ie exhaust speed, wave lengths, and so on......and tune accordingly.....

So basically this is the way we look at it....

On the 99-04 cars we quote 12-14rwhp...
The founder owner of corral.net saw a 16rwhp gain...

On the 05+ cars, we are going to quote 10rwhp, and I have seen one person on here get 12 rwhp....

If we can get gains, there are a lot of other companies out there who can get gains too, becuase most other exhaust companies also have very smart people working for them who know what they are doing....

So I am not going to say right now that we will gain the most, or company X is going to gain the most, because we have not tested every one elses system yet, so we don't know who is making the most power yet......of course we would like to think we are.....

basically what I am trying to say, is that these cars will gain a little power with a catback......

the gains might be dependent upon brand, but it is up to you guys to figure out who is making the most, as I am not about name anyone specifically-

but some systems are definitely gaining more then others- that is all I will say