Need Help With Push Rod Length.

kendawg73

Feb 5, 2014
ok, I took my first stab at checking the push rod wear pattern... the dry erase marker I had is dried up, so I had to use a permenat black marker... which didn't appear to wear too much off, even though I turn the motor over to work each rocker more than twice... so I grabbed a dry erase marker from work today and will try again when I get home... but this is what I got so far... the exsuast one got messed up, guess I moved the rocker while adjusting, so it got all messed up... I used the solid lifters I made and just adjusted for zero lash.. thats it and turned it over... if I'm doing it right, I belive I got .08x" and it's pretty much center on the intake....

Then I took those solid lifters out and put in the new stock ones... and adjusted for zero lash and then torqued to 20ftlb... I got a 1/4 turn, I belive if under 1/4 turn I would need longer push rods... so I guess I'm on the edge of that... but I still need to make sure my wear pattern is right... so I'll try again today.... I'm kinda supprised though... I would of thought my push rods would of ended up being a little longer... since the reman gt40p heads look like they were shaved a little... my block deck is stock... and I'm using a gasket this is suppoe to be .042" compress... I'm using my stock push rods just for testing... I am still going to buy new ones... just need to know if stock size are fine or if I need a little longer ones..

Also this are pedistal rockers.... I'm finding all kinds of information, most of which conteracts the other info... so now I'm really confused... in any case I'm try again today.. I think I would feel better if I got a little more then 1/4 turn... mabe closer to half... and since I have to order push rods any way... trickflow has 6.3 which is a little longer then the stock 6.272 - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-21406300 (even though they say for guild plates I can use this right?)

Attachments

• IMAG0647.jpg
    IMAG0647.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0651.jpg
    IMAG0651.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Sponsors (?)