need help with rear end and driveshaft

That explains things a little better. At least you have a realistic understanding of what it takes and cost. I wont be of much help to you, but I'll be watching just to see it come together. Good Luck!

• Sponsors (?)

That explains things a little better. At least you have a realistic understanding of what it takes and cost. I wont be of much help to you, but I'll be watching just to see it come together. Good Luck!
i appreciate the support my man. it’s just a long process, considering 97% of teens and young adults don’t even start doing what i’m doing until their 20’s lol.

My comment was to see how realistic you actually are . I commend you for knowing what goes into building this type of car . I really would love to see you reach your goals.

I have and currently crewon ultra street cars .

100% dead serious brother lol. i appreciate the support man, and you mind sharing some pics of the ultra street cars?
First one I got to crew on is a member here who isn’t active anymore but is a great friend

652BBBDA-D7CA-4A1A-8093-F7524186DEF7.jpeg

6B5168FD-DE18-4CB0-9C0B-272450BA7DAA.jpeg

4E24EF73-94E4-41D7-84FD-B86702DE85CC.jpeg

Blue car is my buddy franks we run now that we are trying to sort out . 337 pro charger car . Windsor is being built as speak. This car I wired and plumbed myself .

C12EAF97-548D-4023-921B-B9352479FF4F.jpeg
7B9E846C-40C2-403F-9415-CF4B2C806F64.jpeg
A192C635-EB51-4B47-8F18-A2E6050F5A9A.jpeg
F7C57803-C527-4930-89AA-CD726E580263.jpeg
E5530A38-242C-4DB4-A5F0-6E84D3366BB9.jpeg
9613ED42-C66B-4317-844E-54ABFAAE1F6A.jpeg
58F95707-6FBF-451A-8AD2-A0FEBE886A30.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
now that’s what i’m talking about! badass fox, i went with a black car and purple/ powder black drivetrain setup. what kinda times did that car run?

4.9x at 146-8 1.1x 60foot on the back tire
This was like 3 years ago when the class was going 4.8x in the top 5 . It’s progressed since they stopped racing

that’s kind of what i envisioned for my personal setup, minus the leather seat lol. 28x10.5?

It’s not a leather seat it’s a kirkey with their vinyl cover they sell .

both cars are on the class legal 275 et street r

4.9x at 146-8 1.1x 60foot on the back tire
This was like 3 years ago when the class was going 4.8x in the top 5 . It’s progressed since they stopped racing

It’s not a leather seat it’s a kirkey with their vinyl cover they sell .

both cars are on the class legal 275 et street r
that’s awesome man. can’t wait to be running in x275 and ultra street. those are the classes i’d like to start this car in

Why waste your time with the stock block record ? If budget is the reason , there is nothing budget about a 25.2 car .

Because you have to shoot for some sort of goal. It's a Mustang; you are never going to be the fastest. These days, you could blow $200k just trying to qualify for any major racing class. Hell if I ended up being the 20th fastest stock 351 block car, I would consider that commendable.

Kurt

Because you have to shoot for some sort of goal. It's a Mustang; you are never going to be the fastest. These days, you could blow $200k just trying to qualify for any major racing class. Hell if I ended up being the 20th fastest stock 351 block car, I would consider that commendable.

Kurt
yea i’d love to be at haltech WCF someday with this car, after a dart aluminum race/ iron eagle sbf or a dart billet sbf. but the stock block world record is my dream currently.

yea i’d love to be at haltech WCF someday with this car, after a dart aluminum race/ iron eagle sbf or a dart billet sbf. but the stock block world record is my dream currently.

I think that's a pretty cool goal to shoot for. It's obscure enough that it might be obtainable. I have no expectation that you will reach your goal, but it's commendable that you have set a goal, and are working to achieve it. As with any forum, normal skepticism is warranted. People show up all the time and say "Hey, I want to build a 1400hp car, and be the fastest whatever bla bla bla, and by the way I'm 17 years old." You'd be a skeptic too. So don't get offended by it,

Customer support is there for a reason. Call Moser, and ask questions. They are the ones that benefit from selling a $3400 axle, and they should give you the time to talk about it. I get nothing for blowing free advice on this forum. All the tech support guys there are great, but Ernie seems to be the most patient. For a car with that much power, you want a full size 9" wheel bearing. Make sure that's what they are offering. I would get accurate measurements for the tire size you want to run. On a new axle, it is free to narrow it, so you want to know what tires you want to run, what rim you want to run, etc, before you order an axle. For a straight drag car that you don't intend to drive on the street, you are going to want an anti-roll bar installed as well. That will take a lot of guess work out of suspension adjustment, and give you more consistent passes.

I would also call Team-Z for a second opinion. They are a Strange Engineering dealer, but they have a great reputation as well. I just don't think they can get you in the price range Moser can with their Soup to Nuts axle builds. Make them work for the sale.

If there is any advice I would pass onto my 17 year old self as a 40 year old middle aged man, I would say, go out there and talk to people. Asking questions on the internet is not the same as looking at stuff in real life. Go to the drag racing events. Professional racers are friendly, and love to talk about their setups. Go to the drag racing events, talk to the crews in the pits. Be friendly, amenable, and humble. Those guys that are already running sub 5 second 1/8th mile times are going to have way more tips and tricks than you will find on a forum.

Kurt

Kurt
I think that's a pretty cool goal to shoot for. It's obscure enough that it might be obtainable. I have no expectation that you will reach your goal, but it's commendable that you have set a goal, and are working to achieve it. As with any forum, normal skepticism is warranted. People show up all the time and say "Hey, I want to build a 1400hp car, and be the fastest whatever bla bla bla, and by the way I'm 17 years old." You'd be a skeptic too. So don't get offended by it,

Customer support is there for a reason. Call Moser, and ask questions. They are the ones that benefit from selling a $3400 axle, and they should give you the time to talk about it. I get nothing for blowing free advice on this forum. All the tech support guys there are great, but Ernie seems to be the most patient. For a car with that much power, you want a full size 9" wheel bearing. Make sure that's what they are offering. I would get accurate measurements for the tire size you want to run. On a new axle, it is free to narrow it, so you want to know what tires you want to run, what rim you want to run, etc, before you order an axle. For a straight drag car that you don't intend to drive on the street, you are going to want an anti-roll bar installed as well. That will take a lot of guess work out of suspension adjustment, and give you more consistent passes.

I would also call Team-Z for a second opinion. They are a Strange Engineering dealer, but they have a great reputation as well. I just don't think they can get you in the price range Moser can with their Soup to Nuts axle builds. Make them work for the sale.

If there is any advice I would pass onto my 17 year old self as a 40 year old middle aged man, I would say, go out there and talk to people. Asking questions on the internet is not the same as looking at stuff in real life. Go to the drag racing events. Professional racers are friendly, and love to talk about their setups. Go to the drag racing events, talk to the crews in the pits. Be friendly, amenable, and humble. Those guys that are already running sub 5 second 1/8th mile times are going to have way more tips and tricks than you will find on a forum.

Kurt
yea man, i definitely appreciate the help you’ve given so far. i’ve already checked all my desired options for the moser rear end combo, i knew what size tire i planned on running from the beginning lol; 28x10.5, since i wanna compete in two different 275 classes. i’ve actually talked to the guys over at team-z about the tubular fox front end and a few other accessories.

These are a couple from the team I work with. Terri's Hicks is a good dude...and Hurricane Racing is a big family.

20200930_225515.jpg

20200930_225405.jpg

20200930_225431.jpg

Safety is a must. These are two of the 3 major crashes weekend before last. Cold no prep asphalt...12,000 pot.

View: https://youtu.be/xC4X-wzWauY

View: https://youtu.be/NVzEDYNiFvg

Chuck in the last video only suffered a cut hand, a couple broken ribs, and a concussion. His safety equipment saved his life...over 200k down the drain with that car.

Last edited:
These are a couple from the team I work with. Terri's Hicks is a good dude...and Hurricane Racing is a big family.

20200930_225515.jpg

20200930_225405.jpg

20200930_225431.jpg

Safety is a must. These are two of the 3 major crashes weekend before last. Cold no prep asphalt...12,000 pot.

View: https://youtu.be/xC4X-wzWauY

View: https://youtu.be/NVzEDYNiFvg

those are certainly some insane crashes. everytime my friend and i, whom is more or less my engine building/racing mentor, get together and work on this car, we leave off basically everytime with a “safety is numero uno” talk. i’m still learning, but i’ve already completely wrapped my head around that concept lol. it’s amazing to see the difference between someone who preaches safety and those that don’t prioritize it.

Reactions: 1 users